• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe and South Africa 2015

GGG

State Captain
Noone is questioning Guptill or even Kane for that matter.

Would you take 80-1, 80-2, 80-3 or 80-4 with Tom still in?
Well obviously it depends on the circumstances and the final result of the match, if the others were out chasing runs because Latham was too slow and we went on to lose then no.

Shortodds

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yeah, Latham has never once lost NZ a match by batting to slow. He has batted slow and failed to single handedly win matches, sure, but you can't lay a loss at his door. When you can, complain about strike rate then.

Latham is an awesome prospect to have as a reserve opener. Classy batsman with shots all around the wicket, a leftie against NZs all Right handed first choice top order, obviously on an upward trajectory stats-wise.

I find it weird that people are complaining about him.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, Latham has never once lost NZ a match by batting to slow. He has batted slow and failed to single handedly win matches, sure, but you can't lay a loss at his door. When you can, complain about strike rate then.

Latham is an awesome prospect to have as a reserve opener. Classy batsman with shots all around the wicket, a leftie against NZs all Right handed first choice top order, obviously on an upward trajectory stats-wise.

I find it weird that someone is complaining about him.
Fixed

Zinzan

Pleasure, after all I only recall one person criticising Latham post that NZ/SA series.

Zinzan

While I hope that you're correct and I remain "the one" (or preferably cease being "one" altogether), I fear that I am more likely to be "the first".
I'd also like his SR to be closer to 85 than 75 truth be told, but I really was impressed with the ease in which he handled a pretty good bowling attack in tough-ish conditions. If he can improve by the same level again in his next series as he did from his last, he will be striking closer to that 85 vicinity that we want.