• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe and South Africa 2015

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well that was a kind of tongue in cheek comment since Hurricane (and I think yourself) had been falsely talking Franklin up early :p

But yes, I was getting frustrated with Taylor in those middle overs, mainly because I knew Zim wouldn't 'dot-up' as much when it came to their chance to bat.

Well that was a kind of tongue in cheek comment since Hurricane (and I think yourself) had been falsely talking Franklin up early :p

But yes, I was getting frustrated with Taylor in those middle overs, mainly because I knew Zim wouldn't 'dot-up' as much when it came to their chance to bat.
I am pretty sure that even Hurricane, at his most generous, would not endorse a Trevor Franklin type player for an ODI team in the modern era. Opener or middle order notwithstanding.

Last edited:

Burner

International Regular
300 is a very defendable total. Newzealand just didn't have any bowler who consistenly bowled tight overs so that pressure accumulated on the batsmen.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Munro talking like he's going to get a chance here. JimmyGS sore after the first warm-up, played a minimal part in the second.
Yep, that's the sole change. New pitch, but Zim choose to bat rather than enjoy the 9am bowling conditions.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Yep, that's the sole change. New pitch, but Zim choose to bat rather than enjoy the 9am bowling conditions.
Munro or Elliot as 3rd seamer. Gulp.

I would've asked Sodhi to get the drinks and picked another quick - even more since we are bowling first

Last edited:

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Hopefully can fight back, a series loss would be a massive step backwards.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I wonder how NZC applied pressure to ZC to not use the Duke. As an ICC-approved brand I would've thought Zim were well within their rights to use it, but I guess they're one team we can bully under the negotiated tours system.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
"Thought 270-280 was a par total" - Taylor

Any idea why Wheeler and Milne aren't getting picked?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Hesson doesn't think much of Milne as a slow pitch option, I don't think. Wheeler another Stag who hasn't learnt to be funky and creative in a T20 or Jade Dernbach way, therefore not favoured by Hesson here.

Milne must be carrying niggles.

Munro for Neesham is interesting. He will have to bowl some overs. 10 overs from Munro, KW and Grunter.

Last edited:

Zinzan

"Thought 270-280 was a par total" - Taylor

Any idea why Wheeler and Milne aren't getting picked?
I can only assume Milne's either stiff from the warm-up or they don't see his bowling being particularly effective on these tracks.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Four overs for 40 against club players (rather than blowing them away) in the Potch warm-up didn't help.

Zinzan

Here's a quick fire question the trainspotters out there.

Who are the 3 Kiwis to have been included in the ICC World ODI XI of the year, since they started publicising the side in 2008?