• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Number XI ever...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
twctopcat said:
But you see he must! It his job in life to comment on absolutely every thread, no matter how trivial the topic!:)
If you look around you'll see that's complete garbage.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Are you aware that you are continuing to contribute to this thread with every response?
Err, yes, I have worked-out how the forum works by now. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
a massive zebra said:
Just for the record, in first class cricket in 1990, Mark Robinson scored 3 runs in 16 innings.
His is a name that often occurs when this sort of thought comes-up. He also completed his 1000th FC run on the same day as his 1000th FC wicket. :O
But still, there are plenty as bad as him.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Richard said:
His is a name that often occurs when this sort of thought comes-up. He also completed his 1000th FC run on the same day as his 1000th FC wicket. :O
But still, there are plenty as bad as him.
There are plenty as bad as him? Really? Can you find any other instances of a player who played more than 10 innings in a season/series yet scored less than 0.5 runs per inning?

If you want to see a crazy runs/wicket ratio I believe there was a bowler called Jarvis who took nearly twice as many wickets as he scored runs! :O

He for one was as bad as Robinson!

Langeveldt

Soutie
a massive zebra said:

If you want to see a crazy runs/wicket ratio I believe there was a bowler called Jarvis who took nearly twice as many wickets as he scored runs! :O

Jarvis was poor... I remember sitting in front of the somerset members when he was serving up his usual waste... I thought one of them was going to explode....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
a massive zebra said:
There are plenty as bad as him? Really? Can you find any other instances of a player who played more than 10 innings in a season/series yet scored less than 0.5 runs per inning?

Just because they scored a few more runs doesn't mean they're any significantly better.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Maybe i am just one of the few people who find bowler domination more exciting :D
I don't mind bowler domination - just prefer it when they dominate with their bowling! :lol:

Choora

State Regular
One man Dilip Doshi!!

Not just coz of his average, but beacuse he was a real chicken. That guy used to move away from the wicket and let Imran Khan (who wasn't as fast as bowler like Akhter,Lee and Sami of today) clean bowl him rather than face the bowl, because he was afraid that he would get injured by a fast delivery.

Swervy

International Captain
to be fair, Imran at his peak wasnt too far off being as fast as the quicks of today..and he certainly didnt huff and puff like Shoaib does after a few overs

Langeveldt

Soutie
Choora said:
One man Dilip Doshi!!

Not just coz of his average, but beacuse he was a real chicken. That guy used to move away from the wicket and let Imran Khan (who wasn't as fast as bowler like Akhter,Lee and Sami of today) clean bowl him rather than face the bowl, because he was afraid that he would get injured by a fast delivery.
I love the way Andre Nel got beaten for pace by Wavell Hinds... left him for dead lol..

a massive zebra

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
Jarvis was poor... I remember sitting in front of the somerset members when he was serving up his usual waste... I thought one of them was going to explode....
It was Kevin Jarvis BTW, not Paul.