• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Number XI ever...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A slog or two with whatever connection followed by a skyer or a flying stump isn't what I'd call entertainment.
But, of course, each to his own.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well comfort yourself that I'll never have the misfortune of watching any with you.
Anyway, I think my Dad quite enjoys watching it with me b'cos I get so wound-up when crap players do well.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard said:
A slog or two with whatever connection followed by a skyer or a flying stump isn't what I'd call entertainment.
Did you ever see Walsh bat? His stance was so exaggerated that it didn't really matter what he did, it was still entertaining. Even his leave alones brought a smile to the face.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Oh come on Liam - you're not going to watch Cricket with the intention of enjoying yourself are you?!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Richard said:
I agree 100% with that.

bennyr

U19 12th Man
Does anyone else remember Bob Holland?

Worst "person holding a bat" ("batsman" would be too kind) I've ever seen by a long way.

Mike Whitney was also awful, particularly early in his career.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Did you ever see Walsh bat? His stance was so exaggerated that it didn't really matter what he did, it was still entertaining. Even his leave alones brought a smile to the face.
His "no, no" and raised glove when struck on the pad was cute enough.
His backlift-stuff was very like a right-handed Hinds in 2000.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, I know. What has that to do with whether his backlift and Courteney's are similar?

Langeveldt

Soutie
age_master said:
you must be the most boring person to watch cricket with....
ditto this rich too....

I rave about guys with perfect techniques who play long crafted perfect innings... Dravids, Attapattus and Gangas (not long enough though)... Give me that over Shahid Afridi any day....

As well as pure bowlers, thats why admire AD so much more than a Shoaib Akhtar or a Wasim Akram......

Nothing wrong with Richards viewpoint, each to his own...

raju

School Boy/Girl Captain
age_master said:
you must be the most boring person to watch cricket with....
You're out of line with that one Mr Master.
I can think of nothing finer for a lazy summer afternoon than supping claret beneath the cathedral at New Road while yer man engages me with racy tales of first chance averages. All while the opposition stick on about 150 for the last wicket.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Mullally wasn't the greatest... lol. Average of 5.52? Cant say he was glowing with confidence when he came out to bat.

Macgill is a shocker, as much as i love his bowling, I have to close my eyes when he picks up the willow.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Absolutely nothing, but when did I suggest that it did/does?
By mentioning it in reply to what you mentioned it in reply to?
Maybe just a misplaced assumption on my part.:( :duh: ?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
raju said:
You're out of line with that one Mr Master.
I can think of nothing finer for a lazy summer afternoon than supping claret beneath the cathedral at New Road while yer man engages me with racy tales of first chance averages. All while the opposition stick on about 150 for the last wicket.
Still can't do any better than that eh?