• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Number XI ever...

Pace Setter

Cricket Spectator
Mcgrath was the only Australian batsmen not dismissed in the 2001 Indian test series. In recent times he's really stepped up a notch and i can almost confidently say he's in the same field as Gillespie. On the other hand, Mcgrath is a league above Macgill, whom I consider the worst batsmen in the world currently, and in the all-time bunnies XI.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Armadillo said:
On a completely unrelated note, does anyone remember any ginger cricketers, I can't remember any:rolleyes:
Paul Collingwood and Shaun Pollock immediately spring to mind.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Pace Setter said:
Mcgrath was the only Australian batsmen not dismissed in the 2001 Indian test series.
Actually he was last man out in the 2nd Test at Eden Gardens. He did average 47 for the series though. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pace Setter said:
In recent times he's really stepped up a notch and i can almost confidently say he's in the same field as Gillespie.
I would have to disagree there.

Gillespie is someone who I'd back to hang around for an hour or so with a top order player.

McGrath is most definitely not.

Beleg

International Regular
Chris Martin--NewZelander who played for them in 2001-2002.

Patrick Patterson is another worthy mention.

Oh and King too.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just noticed this thread.
A couple of things to say:
One, "ever" is almost impossible to have a "best" when it's as long as cricket's history.
Two, when you get to a certain level, there is nothing between some stuff. Without a question, number-elevenness is one of them!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ford_GTHO351 said:
My girlfriend :lol:

No seriously, Courtney Walsh.

I think IMO that Glenn McGrath has improved his batting.
Hmm...

McGrath's Career Test avge - 6.61
HS - 39

Walsh's Career Test avge - 7.54
HS - 30*

McGrath's last 10 Tests - 30 runs @ 7.50
Walsh's last 10 Tests - 40 runs @ 2.85

Career Test duck %
McGrath - 25%
Walsh - 23.24%

Career Test plus 25 runs
McGrath - 1 inns
Walsh - 2 inns

FC 50% McGrath - 0.645%
Walsh - 1.433%

Career Test NO %
McGrath - 34.61%
Walsh - 16.09%

Interesing...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Steve Waugh told Glenn McGrath that if he ever played a test with Macgill again McGrath was batting at 10

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How on Earth can anyone think that any of these players are really any worse than the others!:rolleyes: :( :O :wow:
They're all terrible, full-stop. My Dad's a better player, even at 51!

Swervy

International Captain
I remember way way back Walsh being not TOO bad a batter for Gloucestershire..i am talking a long time ago..he batting just seemed to get worse and worse

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On the contrary, I think Walsh got better and better as he got on in age. He was true entertainment especially in his later years.

Swervy

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
On the contrary, I think Walsh got better and better as he got on in age. He was true entertainment especially in his later years.
he was certainly entertaining