• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Number XI ever...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Not sure about AD.... He was a bunny, but i dont think he was the worst.. He worked on his batting a lot and at least had a technique...

Not sure of his stats, but i dont think they are "worst in the worldesque"

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
These get my votes-
  1. Courtney Walsh
  2. James Anderson
  3. Stuart MacGill
  4. Ashish Nehra
  5. Danny Morrison
  6. Bishen Singh Bedi
  7. BS Chandrashekhar
  8. Cameron Cuffy
  9. Avishkar Salvi
  10. and who can forget.... Glenn McGrath!
    [/list=1]

iamdavid

International Debutant
Okay Richard Neil has informed me of your wonderful batting exploits on Thursday......So I am nominating you :P

Neil Pickup says-
a super-ferret with the bat
made 0 runs and was bowled middle stump twice playing down leg
i batted with him......we ended on -12........i didnt get out!

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
MacGill and McGrath for Australia
Nehra for India
I don't know much about the other teams lately though.

twctopcat

International Regular
Arjun said:
These get my votes-
  1. Courtney Walsh
  2. James Anderson
  3. Stuart MacGill
  4. Ashish Nehra
  5. Danny Morrison
  6. Bishen Singh Bedi
  7. BS Chandrashekhar
  8. Cameron Cuffy
  9. Avishkar Salvi
  10. and who can forget.... Glenn McGrath!
    [/list=1]

1. Agree with most, especially courtney, hasn't he got the test record for ducks? As for my boy anderson though i think thats being quite harsh. Has a good correct posture, but is obviously not a stroke player, defence is quite sound, along with Gillespie in terms of defensive ablility. The fact that he has 10 NO's out of 12 innings shows this. I know half of this is because he is no. 11 but he's still keeps his wicket nonetheless.

Langeveldt

Soutie
iamdavid said:
Okay Richard Neil has informed me of your wonderful batting exploits on Thursday......So I am nominating you :P
Haha said exactly the same thing to me too... Didnt mention Richards name though :alien8:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
twctopcat said:
Agree with most, especially courtney, hasn't he got the test record for ducks?
Ducks don't necessarily mean that much - Mike Atherton has one of the highest number of ducks in Tests, and he wasn't too bad a batsman.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yeh, Tuffers was pretty hilarious.

Also, Neil informed me of Richard's batting, so he must be a candidate. I have also seen Richard admit on here that he can't bat to save his life, so he must be a candidate.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Lol.

Adil, completely unrelated, do not forget to bring Get Rich or Die Tryin' tomorrow.

I reckon that Neil is the worst XI.

Token

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hey don't knock Martin too much...he once lasted 6 balls so Matty Sinclair could get his 2nd double hundred!

iamdavid

International Debutant
I rate McGrath as a better batsman than MacGill , sure he's hopeless but he at least tries to contribute & works real hard on it in the nets , he can put his head down & stick around if he really has to.

MacGill is probably a little more coordinated but the ability to apply himself just seems to elude him.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
On a completely unrelated note, does anyone remember any ginger cricketers, I can't remember any:rolleyes: