• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Countries you wish were really good at/really cared about cricket

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
USA and Japan for me

Japan because I love watching them play soccer so I assume they'd bring something new to Cricket as well.

USA just because it's the bloody USA. Imagine if they became a force in cricket, I'm not talking have it replace baseball but have it at least like MLS is to NFL. Imagine a world cup over there, dat money and media coverage

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Germany. They'd probably come up with some really efficient and amazing alternative to the D/L system.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Germany. Reckon they would produce some damn good players in a generation. Plus the world needs more India v Germany in sports.

Howe_zat

Audio File
France. Them being the only non-Anglosphere country that's into rugby is a weirdness that means they bring something very different to the game there. Its mostly talent, crap management and unexpected performances at world cups without winning, but you can't expect Pakistan to do everything.

Howe_zat

Audio File
He's not far wrong. The interest in cricket here, especially test cricket, is pathetically low. If I asked my students (around 200 14-18 year olds) how many had seen an entire cricket match I'd be surprised if more than a couple had, or if any admitted it really. People hate cricket. It's a punchline like trainspotting and stamp collecting.

Australia?
Yeah I'd have thought that Australia gets far more attendees per test than England, but England often does get more tests a year at home. But the Boxing day and New Years tests are at big grounds in Australia.

I have read that test crowds in India are shrinking as against the IPL and what not, but I don't know if they're shrunk past Australia.

Last edited: