• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Re

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
You know if you wrote without leaving a line then w'ed be able to fit more posts in on the page

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Let me just set the record straight...

Amit Jaggernauth is a good spinner with a lot of talent, but he is not a 'great' spinner. He's in his first full season, but his second season overall.

He's accurate and gets a fair amount of turn. He's not a batsman by any means, but he can hold a bat and has shown good application even batting at 11.

shankar

International Debutant
Langeveldt said:
A guy who sounds like a big truck being a good spinner....
Armadillo said:
lol:lol: :lol: its not his fault that his ancestors chose such a ... well... different name
Actually to be fair, the word juggernaut has its origin from the Indian name jaggannath. So, its the truck that sounds like him and not the other way :P

(pointless post to shamelessly boost my no-of-posts)

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Let me just set the record straight...

Amit Jaggernauth is a good spinner with a lot of talent, but he is not a 'great' spinner. He's in his first full season, but his second season overall.

He's accurate and gets a fair amount of turn. He's not a batsman by any means, but he can hold a bat and has shown good application even batting at 11.
A future WI spinner?

Langeveldt

Soutie
shankar said:
Actually to be fair, the word juggernaut has its origin from the Indian name jaggannath. So, its the truck that sounds like him and not the other way :P

(pointless post to shamelessly boost my no-of-posts)

No, enlightening :)

shankar

International Debutant
Langeveldt said:
No, enlightening :)
Useless trivia (now that you've given me the license by saying something like that):
Jagganath is the name of a hindu god. The image of the god is carried during a procession on a huge chariot. It used to be said that worshippers of Krishna threw themselves under the wheels of the chariot in religious ecstasy. And so juggernaut came to be used metaphorically in English for an irresistible crushing force.

Last edited:

shankar

International Debutant
Well,all the journalists must be waiting eagerly in anticipation.If he makes it big you can be sure of seeing some really bad puns-
"Amit Juggernaut rolls on" and the like.:D