• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your ATG XI's for these four minnows (Zim, Kenya, Bangas & Ireland)

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some might say they are the most successful of the current day minnows, 2 have test status(and one wasn't a minnow in '99) and 2 have done well in World Cups

We can only do ODI ones for Kenya and Ireland I suppose, but do Tests and ODIs for the other two

my Kenyan one based purely on what I saw in World Cups

Otieno
Shah
Odumbe
Tikolo
H Modi
C Obuya
Odoyo
Karim
Ongondo
A Suji
M Suji

12th man: Vadher

I'm pretty sure this actual team might have played together lol

I'll do more later

mr_mister

my Bangas test team:

Iqbal
Ashraful
Bashar
Haque
Al-Hasan
Rahim
Mahmudullah
T Islam
Rafique
Mortaza
S Hossain

12th man: Kayes

kingkallis

International Coach
ZIMBS

Grant Flower
BRM Taylor
Andy Flower
Murray Goodwin
David Houghton
Tatenda Taibu +
Andy Blignaut
Heath Streak *
Paul Strang
Eddo Brandes
Kyle Jarvis

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
bd test xi

1. Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Bashar
4. Ashraful
5. Aminul
6. Shakib
7. Mushfiq
8. Mahmudullah
9. Rafique
10. Mashrafe
11. Shahadat

cnerd123

likes this
Would drop Ash from that side. Mahmadullah at 4. Probably another spinner in Ash's place, like Enamul Haque.

Shahadat is iffy for me too.

mr_mister

aren't Ash and Bash so revered because they had to face way tougher bowlers than the guys nowadays? So many legends were still around in '01. I feel their average is a bad indication of their skill

sunilreddy

Banned
Grant Flower
BRM Taylor
Andy Flower
Murray Goodwin
David Houghton
Tatenda Taibu +
Neil Johnson
Heath Streak *
Paul Strang
Eddo Brandes
Kyle Jarvis

harsh.ag

Zimababwe's atg team is strongest when playing in the sub-continent :happy:

Also, will have Price ahead of Brandes in the subcontinent, and otherwise have both Johnson and Blignaut in the side with Streak and Jarvis.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Zim XI
1. B Taylor
2. G Flower
3. M Goodwin
4. D Houghton
5. A Flower+*
6. H Masakadza
7. P Strang
8. H Streak
9. A Blignaut
10. E Brandes
11. R Price

12. G Whittall
13. T Taibu
14. H Olonga
15. A Campbell

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
You pick a Bangla top xi and omit a bloke who averages 55?
I'm still a bit skeptical about mominul because of his glaring weakness against pace. A fine player and he's working very hard in the nets. Destroyer of any spin bowling. Let's see what happens in the future. Him against SA pace battery will give a good indication how far he has come

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm still a bit skeptical about mominul because of his glaring weakness against pace. A fine player and he's working very hard in the nets. Destroyer of any spin bowling. Let's see what happens in the future. Him against SA pace battery will give a good indication how far he has come
Right, because there have been so many good players of top class pace bowling in BD's history?

Come on. Mominul walks in.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not sure the early 2000's Zim guys would thank you for the minnows tag. Pretty competitive team IIRC.