• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PHT Kaushal: First impressions

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
He has been doing well in FC matches for some time, got a chance against NZ, and got "Baz"ed (but got him out to his credit). Doing pretty well against Pakistan. Big flight, some sharp spin, doosra and arm balls once in a while and bowling wicket taking deliveries. Needs improvement on accuracy though. The eyes resembles that of Murali and comparisons to him is inevitable.

Your first impressions?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I reckon he's gun tbh. Even against New Zealand when he got belted I was really impressed. He's got a pretty unusual release but unlike a lot of the other 'mystery spinners' we've seen emerge of late, his unorthodoxy doesn't actually prevent him from getting the shape of a traditional offie on his stock ball, so I don't think he'll rely on that unorthodoxy as much as some.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
My first impression is that he'd be a handful, despite getting a bit of a spanking in his debut. Is really attacking, and agree with pretty much everything PEWS said. just that classic 'with some coaching and more international experience...'. Think he'll go great guns and hopefully average 27-32.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He is quite raw right now. I am not a huge fan tbh. It's not easy for an off spinner. A spinner requires turn but he also requires to pitch the ball consistently at the right spots. They require a lot of bounce as well. Maybe I will change my mind later, but right now, I am not too impressed.

cnerd123

likes this
Love him. Love the way he stands at his mark before he bowls. Love the bound to the crease. Love the amount of rip he gets on the ball.

Hope he gets 300+ wickets.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Has problems when he tries to change his length. Too many full tosses.
Well known issue with the wrist spun off break. Even Murali had massive issues to get it to drift and drop. It was only after getting side on, and giving up some of his big off breaks he started getting some drift and dip. But never close to what Swann got. Murali was attacking edges as well as the height with his deliveries. (Some hitting gloves and some keeping low). If Kaushal could be more accurate he could do the same.