• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATG 'Mixed Experience' Test XI - Draft

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I was going to put my hand up to take part if still available. I would play without looking up statsguru/player profiles just for the extra challenge.
In other words, you'll make a lot of mistakes of picking players from wrong brackets, which will have to be pointed out by other drafters, and you'll make the corrections after you come online next and the whole thing will turn out to be a slow mess. :p

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Weldone. I have a reasonable idea of how many Tests most players worth picked played so as long as someone tells me re-confirms which range I have left, I should be fine. Might struggle the last couple rounds but meh.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
After much consideration, have decided to stick with a set range every round, but with a reverse order, so starting with round 1 as the 25-29 range working our way up. This way there will be interest right to the end (>119 test range).

Round 11 Range >=119 Tests (25 players to pick from)
Round 10 Range 103-118 (28)
Round 9 Range 88-102 (29)
Round 8 Range 79-87 (30)
Round 7 Range 65-78 (43)
Round 6 Range 57-64 (52)
Round 5 Range 49-56 (55)
Round 4 Range 42-48 (64)
Round 3 Range 41-37 (76)
Round 2 Range 30-36 (91)
Round 1 Range 25-29 (105)

Incidentally, I do think Watson's idea of only allowing one range group per round would have worked well, but only if we had exactly 11 players, so perhaps we try that another time.

Let's aim to start tomorrow around the time of the 1st Ashes test starting.

Here's the list of players. Let me know if anyone is pulling out.

1 mr_mister
2 schearzie
3 AndyZaltzHair
4 weldone
5 honestbharani
6 J_C
7 Red Hill
8 WalkingWicket
9 Coronis
10 Am in dude
11 ankitj
12 Agent TBY
13 Camo999
14 Zinzan
15 Nufan
16 King Kallis

In terms of the orders, the first round will be randomly selected, then round 2 reversed and round 3 random and round 4 reversed and so on.

Let me know if you want me to post the order of all 11 rounds up front or just 2 at a time. (I think the latter will be more interesting).

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah just 2 at a time. I still don't fully understand... am I choosing my number 1 opening batsman in round 1 or just a random player to slot in somewhere in the 11

Zinzan

yeah just 2 at a time. I still don't fully understand... am I choosing my number 1 opening batsman in round 1 or just a random player to slot in somewhere in the 11
No, round one your can choose any player you like from 25-29 test range, whether it's an opening batsman, wicket keeper, fast bowler or what ever you want.

Zinzan

Alrighty fellas, let's play.

A reminder we're starting with the 25-29 test range, working our way up. Round 1 is a choice of any player from the 25-29 (inclusive) test range;

Round 1 (randomised order)

25-29 Test range (105 players fit this criteria).

1 AndyZaltzHair
2 King Kallis
3 weldone
4 Am in dude
5 Zinzan
6 Camo999
7 schearzie
8 mr_mister
9 Agent TBY
10 WalkingWicket
11 J_C
12 Red Hill
13 Nufan
14 honestbharani
15 Coronis

Round 2
(Reversed order)

30-36 Test range (91 players fit this criteria)

1 Coronis
2 honestbharani
3 Nufan
4 Red Hill
5 J_C
6 WalkingWicket
7 Agent TBY
8 mr_mister
9 schearzie
10 Camo999
11 Zinzan
12 Am in dude
13 weldone
14 King Kallis
15 AndyZaltzHair

AndyZaltzHair
, you're up first, followed by, King Kallis & weldone ...

Last edited:

mr_mister

also i thought we were getting a selected pool of players to choose from (i'm dumb). Didn't know only 109 players had played 25-29 tests. seems small

mr_mister

since 12 hours is nearly up I feel bad for Andy Zalthair. How about instead of forfeiting he just goes to the bottom of the list. With work and stuff sometimes its easy to go 12 hours without net access

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
since 12 hours is nearly up I feel bad for Andy Zalthair. How about instead of forfeiting he just goes to the bottom of the list. With work and stuff sometimes its easy to go 12 hours without net access
After he is skipped he can still pick his player, other drafters just have the opportunity to pick their's.