• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most exciting to watch out(when in form) of the current crop of Windies big hitters?

Best of the modern day Windies big hitters?

• Chris Gayle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marlon Samuels

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Darren Sammy

• Keiron Pollard

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Andre Russell

• Jason Holder

• Total voters

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was going to use the term sloggers but I feel it's a little bit of an insult when this is not the case. The West Indies I assume, along with Bangas are everyone's second favourite team after their own country. We all want these guys to succeed and bring back glory back to(in the case of the Windies) a once unbeatable team. Sure, composure and patience will probably help more than six-slogging in the long run but it's not as fun to watch. Gayle has 2 test triple hundreds and Holder has shown he can show restraint, but in ODIs and Twenty20s all these batsmen let loose and prefer to go aerial, they usually hit more sixes than fours. And they can hit them far.

So who do you like to watch bat the most when they're in form? Even though it's rare, I love watching Sammy when he's seeing them well. Can wollop a ball so far and it always feels special because for ages I wrote him off as super-mediocre. He won me over a few years back. But I'm giving it to Samuels, because of his innings that won them the world cup a few years back. Great stuff to watch, he can hit a ball and looks so cool doing it.:laugh:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Samuels and Gayle definitely not slogger. They hit clean through the line usually. Russell can hit the ball ridiculously hard too.

Marlon my favourite though. Amazing to watch when he's on song, and the innings in the t20 final was the best I've seen in the format.