• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Asia XI vs ROW XI for the last 25 years. Who wins a test series?

Shady Slim

International Coach
mr_mister i would have to say, well done on those five teams.

you guys sure love your create your own XI challenges

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think Kohli has yet done enough to surpass the careers of batsmen like Azharuddin and Ganguly.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Damn, Younis is being underrated if we're seriously saying VVS was better. I'd rate VVS higher than Yousuf though.

OverratedSanity

For a number 6, VVS has claims to be better no?
That's definitely true. But then when you're picking a side, you can't really leave out a superior batsman just because he'd play out of position. You'd back him to do well no matter where he batted (except I guess opening, as that's a completely different beast)

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Kohli's easily better than Ganguly already.
Based on just one series in Australia, and some other successes and failures here and there (and failures in England)?

Don't get me wrong - I think he'll soon surpass Ganguly and Azhar (And Rahane will surpass Kohli ;) )...but don't think he has achieved enough in test cricket already to be called better (e.g. if he retires today)

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Based on just one series in Australia, and some other successes and failures here and there (and failures in England)?

Don't get me wrong - I think he'll soon surpass Ganguly and Azhar (And Rahane will surpass Kohli ;) )...but don't think he has achieved enough in test cricket already to be called better (e.g. if he retires today)
He already has 10 hundreds and has succeeded everywhere except England. I'd rate him higher even if he retired tomorrow to go home and make babies with Anushka.

Gob

International Coach
25 i think.

as for virat, i like him like a lot and he is alongside smith and devilliers, my favorite current batsman to watch but his hilariously poop performances in england do bother me whenever i try to rate him as a batsman. Its not just the awful returns but the manner in which he fall inning after inning to anderson in the same fashion it was like watching an action replay.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah Shoaib at his peak was amazing. And that's not even including his stats(which were very good too) but the speed, action, influence on his teammates and on the opponents, he was rockstar. As a kid in 1999 watching him bowl was so good even though me and my friends loved to hate him. When he yorked Gilchrist for 81, despite how awesome Gilly had just batted on debut, I felt like Shoaib still won the war and was the better player, because that ball was unplayable, despite Gilly being tired. I'm getting off tangent here and Pakistan still lost the series 3-0 but I was so impressed with Shoaib and he continued to impress afterwards. He was also a beast at the '99 world cup

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Africa

Gary Kirsten
Smith
Amla
Kallis
Andy Flower
De Villiers
Boucher
Pollock
Streak
Ntini
Donald
Think you forgot someone. Plus with Flower is Boucher necessary?

Also Jayawardene over Younis, lol.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Think you forgot someone. Plus with Flower is Boucher necessary?

Also Jayawardene over Younis, lol.
Was unaware Jayawardene was so despised here. 34 hundreds not enough to avoid a lol?

And if you mean Steyn, my bad I did forget him. Replace Boucher with D. Cullinan

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Some of the flak that flat track champions like Jayawardene and Yousuf (and to an extent Zaheer Abbas, Samaweera - but they get discussed rarely) get here is ludicrous. Sure, they didn't average 40+ in every country but they were home-ground champions and not everyone achieves that.

mr_mister

Yeah it's sad when players who get regarded as overrated start to get their actual achievements underrated. You see it everywhere from sport to music