• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Asia XI vs ROW XI for the last 25 years. Who wins a test series?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Only players who debuted after 1980 count in this.

Matches are played in a variety of different venues from the WACA to the dustbowls of India.

edit - ROH is meant to be ROW - Rest of World. Lol

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Asia XI:
Saeed Anwar
Virender Sehwag
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Kumar Sangakkara+
Inzamam-ul Haq
Shakib Al Hasan (5)
Wasim Akram* (1)
Waqar Younis (2)
Shoaib Akhtar (3)
Muttiah Muralitharan (4)

ROW XI:
Matthew Hayden
Graeme Smith
Jacques Kallis (5)
Brian Lara
Ricky Ponting
Steve Waugh*
Adam Gilchrist+
Shane Warne (4)
Dale Steyn (3)
Curtly Ambrose (1)
Glenn McGrath (2)

ROW XI should win this.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Only players who debuted after 1980 count in this.

Matches are played in a variety of different venues from the WACA to the dustbowls of India.

edit - ROH is meant to be ROW - Rest of World. Lol
So we have a ROH team of players from the last 25 years, but as long as they debuted no longer than 35 years ago they count.

Excellent.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Asia XI:
Saeed Anwar
Virender Sehwag
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Kumar Sangakkara+
Inzamam-ul Haq
Shakib Al Hasan (5)
Wasim Akram* (1)
Waqar Younis (2)
Shoaib Akhtar (3)
Muttiah Muralitharan (4)

ROW XI:
Matthew Hayden
Graeme Smith
Jacques Kallis (5)
Brian Lara
Ricky Ponting
Steve Waugh*
Adam Gilchrist+
Shane Warne (4)
Dale Steyn (3)
Curtly Ambrose (1)
Glenn McGrath (2)

ROW XI should win this.
Like those teams (I'd play with the order a bit).

Would love to watch the two Asian left handers bat together (Anwar & Sangakkara).

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I think the Asian XI wipes the floor at this, though I suspect the ROH boys could beat the **** out of Sachin with a steel chair to gain epic heel heat for sledging purposes.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
If the matches are played on Asian dustbowls, we'll replace Akhtar by Kumble, and Dravid and Inzy by Jayawardene and Yousuf to win all the matches.

Debris

International 12th Man
Asia XI:
Saeed Anwar
Virender Sehwag
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Kumar Sangakkara+
Inzamam-ul Haq
Shakib Al Hasan (5)
Wasim Akram* (1)
Waqar Younis (2)
Shoaib Akhtar (3)
Muttiah Muralitharan (4)

ROW XI:
Matthew Hayden
Graeme Smith
Jacques Kallis (5)
Brian Lara
Ricky Ponting
Steve Waugh*
Adam Gilchrist+
Shane Warne (4)
Dale Steyn (3)
Curtly Ambrose (1)
Glenn McGrath (2)

ROW XI should win this.
You know your side is in trouble when Shoaib Aktar makes XI

mr_mister

Is Shakib Al Hasan in there because you felt obligated to include a bangladeshi or do you genuinely consider him the best Asian all rounder of the modern age

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Is Shakib Al Hasan in there because you felt obligated to include a bangladeshi or do you genuinely consider him the best Asian all rounder of the modern age
Who is the competition? Irfan Pathan? Ravi Shastri? Ravindra Jadeja? Ravi Ashwin? Sanath Jayasuriya? Angelo Matthews? Abdul Razzaq? Shahid Afridi?

Who among the above is better than Shakib? If we select a seamer, then we may also replace Shoaib by Kumble.

mr_mister

I'm startled by how respectable Afridi's test batting average is haha. But no you make a fair point I was just winding you up

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who is the competition? Irfan Pathan? Ravi Shastri? Ravindra Jadeja? Ravi Ashwin? Sanath Jayasuriya? Angelo Matthews? Abdul Razzaq? Shahid Afridi?

Who among the above is better than Shakib? If we select a seamer, then we may also replace Shoaib by Kumble.
Would Vaas at #7 be a bit of a stretch?

Would Vaas at #7 be a bit of a stretch?
Shakib is an underrated player.

I want to see more Younis Khan in the side. But I am struggling to get him in the XI.

Probably open with Dravid, and bring Younis in for one of the openers.

Last edited: