• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I'm angry at McMillan

Craig

World Traveller
Craig McMillan has to be one of the most inconsistant players in world cricket and I think there has to come a point where he gets told to shape up or ship up.

He has a pour series against India and in the WC, has a good tour of India then has a reletativly poor series against Pakistan and today he makes again another low score.

His inconsistantcy is fustrating and there are people in NZ domestic cricket are outpreforming him.

FRAZ

International Captain
Craig said:
Craig McMillan has to be one of the most inconsistant players in world cricket and I think there has to come a point where he gets told to shape up or ship up.

He has a pour series against India and in the WC, has a good tour of India then has a reletativly poor series against Pakistan and today he makes again another low score.

His inconsistantcy is fustrating and there are people in NZ domestic cricket are outpreforming him.
Mcmillan is not that bad mate. This guy has a good technique but not working out . Dont worry he is gonna shine in the SA series .

southern man

U19 Cricketer
No he is not, he has been rubbish recentley.
Struggling to get pad near the ball let alone bat.
But he is a great guy and will come back.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Craig said:
shape up or ship up.

Shape up or ship out I think...

We all know McMillan is capable of putting the performances in, which is more than some of the others in the lineup... I think they could do with his experience too...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree about McMillan's inconsistency & im also starting to lose my patience, but who are we going to replace him with?

Another season of State Shield and there may be 3 or 4 players who could step up, but not at the moment.

nibbs

International Captain
McMillan only does good when it doesn't matter. If the pressure is on, he simply turns to crap...

Isolator

State 12th Man
Well, looking at his century tally one has to wonder "what the hell is this guy doing?"...he should've had many more by now. The same applies to all aspects of his batting. I keep waiting for him to utilise his obvious ability on a regular basis but he just doesn't...

nibbs

International Captain
McMillan does a lot of stupid stuff. He gets out to some stupid shots. I mean, who saw his dismissal in State Shield final? Reserve sweeping, when your sides in that much ****. Its just darn right silly. He needs to think about it more..

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
nibblet said:
McMillan does a lot of stupid stuff. He gets out to some stupid shots. I mean, who saw his dismissal in State Shield final? Reserve sweeping, when your sides in that much ****. Its just darn right silly. He needs to think about it more..
i find it strange that you swore in one sentence and in the next sentene you used darn:rolleyes:

nibbs

International Captain
Armadillo said:
i find it strange that you swore in one sentence and in the next sentene you used darn:rolleyes:
a swear word in that 2nd sentence wouldn't have made much sense IMO, so I used darn instead...

thierry henry

International Coach
In one-dayers, I wouldn't mind if he was dropped. I am a huge McMillan fan but he has consistently averaged 26/27 throughout his career, so that's unlikely to change. It all depends if NZ considers that good enough. Stephen Fleming has only averaged 30 or 31 throughout his long career, as did Steve Waugh, and that was usually good enough. But is 27? Do we have anyone at domestic level who can average higher than 27 at international level?

As for tests, McMillan is an excellent performer and an automatic selection.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
McMillan has always been rather a disappointment for me but if he batted consistently in the three position I'm sure he'd be averaging 30 or thereabouts.

Mingster

State Regular
Richard said:
McMillan has always been rather a disappointment for me but if he batted consistently in the three position I'm sure he'd be averaging 30 or thereabouts.
No, that's one of the reasons for his failures in the ODI game. He has been mucked around at 3, 4, 5, 5 too much.

He is not a 3, and he has admitted that. He is a middle-order batsman.

What makes you think McMillan is a 3 is a mystery.

Mingster

State Regular
Craig said:
That should be the fault of the selectors who arent able to find him the right spot.
No it was McMillan's fault.

He couldn't score enough runs in any position for a long enough period to command selection on that spot.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mingster said:
No, that's one of the reasons for his failures in the ODI game. He has been mucked around at 3, 4, 5, 5 too much.

He is not a 3, and he has admitted that. He is a middle-order batsman.

What makes you think McMillan is a 3 is a mystery.
Butcher thinks he's better at three than opening. Despite the fact he's been an opener all his life.
Sometimes players misperceive even their own ability.
IMO Fleming would do best at four and McMillan is totally wasted at six. And McMillan is certainly no opener.