• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* India in Zimbabwe 2015

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice to see Harby back among the wickets too. Robin U has disappointed me though, was the ideal opportunity for him to make a case for #6 spot and he blew it. I also love how Binny's ODI stats make him look like the perfect all rounder when everyone knows he's so far from it lol.

Niall

International Coach
Vijay had his chance and absolutely blew it. It is fantastic he is such a gun in test cricket, but the improvement in this format has sadly meant his limited overs game is stuck in the stone age. An IPL failure for a while now, and he simply offers nothing that Rahane brings. Speaking of Rahene, back up opener or nothing. Dhawan and Rohit will never impress the purists in this format, but they are mnuch more suited to the format these days than Rahane and most certainly Vijay.

Tiwary? Maybe years ago, but not now, an absolute waste of time this series.

Robbie U? At least he understands the need to go hard unlike others, and the chances he got were limited over the years, but he just has made none count. Another for the scrapheap sadly.

Its good that India won the series, but not making close to 300 against this pitiful bowling attack is very concerning.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As the case has been for a while, if Rahane is not in the side, then Jadhav should play ahead of Rayudu. Hopefully will happen now.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Nah Kedar Jadhav didn't impress me in this series. Maybe I am the only one. Manish Pandey will be ahead of him in my pecking order.

Tiwary and Uthappa have both disappointed me. Vijay was not in contention for a regular first XI spot anyway - so let's not discuss that and let him focus on the most important format.

Harbhajan and Axar should surely now be the 2nd and 3rd spinners for us (after Ashwin). Bhuvi should be a lock in first XI when he's fit. Keep Binny in reserve and use him in helpful conditions (e.g. England).

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Its good that India won the series, but not making close to 300 against this pitiful bowling attack is very concerning.
Nah, it's not always about the bowling attack, the conditions were pretty tough first up, and lets not forget that this series was the first with the new rules (no batting PP and 5 fielders in the last 10). They could have scored more, but it's hardly a given.

Burner

International Regular
Don't think Rahane did anything to change the selectors' mind. It is most definitely going to be Rohit and Dhawan to open and maybe Rayudu instead of Rahane in the middle. Although I still hope that they don't give up on Rahane, maybe give him a few more chances in the usual team. **** better make it count.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Chand's struggled a lot more in domestic cricket than people expected him to after that U19WC, consistently repping mid 30s averages each season since then and not enjoying his FC stint for India A (I believe he scored some OD runs for them though). His weakness has always been his off stump judgement but I haven't actually seen him bat in a while so I'm not sure if that's still the case.
Nah you're still onto it Cribbage.

You'll have to leave a message on Cricsim for me about how I could cheaply go about taking my computer to India without any risks, for a bit of Ranji and Deodhar Trophy action. It's high time I branched out into making a few videos from a different domestic scene, rather than kept posting like an egyptian.

A handy link for CW's Indian Tea Lounge, anyway -

The Board Of Control For Cricket In India

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So harbhajan still sucks. Rahane's pretty much the same batsman and Rayudu didn't disgrace himself.

Didn't get to watch most of the rest so I can't really comment.

Niall

International Coach
Lets see if young Sanju can take India home tonight.
He can't, could never get it done for Rajasthan in this situation either after some decent work. Dire innings indeed.

Well done Zimmers, retract my criticism, in what looks like a pretty impressive win.