• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ultimate ATG thread

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Pick two ATG players to represent your country in a double wicket cricket tournament.

Rules:
Each player bats until they are out even if the other chap is out.
Only the two players you select are allowed to bowl.
They will be up against another two person ATG team.
You can pick two batsman, two bowlers, or two all rounders, whatever you want.
There will be a full compliment of fielders for the game including an FC standard wicket keeper.
Two innings each. Game can last up to 3 days.

Go.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
If they get dismissed early it could be a long day in the field.
Getting both of them out twice won't be very easy...If it's a 3-day game I'll go with batting allrounders if possible (Sobers, Kallis are ideal for this game)...India doesn't have any batting allrounders (Kapil, Mankad etc. don't fit that mould)

The next best thing is to pick great batsmen who can bowl a bit. Tendulkar, Hazare, Sehwag fit that mould. If we pick Tendulkar then Hazare can take care of the new ball. Also, we don't need an explosive batsman like Sehwag for a game where a maximum of 8 wickets are possible in 3 days.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
People picking quicks are crazy. What happens if the opening partnership lasts more than 20 overs?

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I don't see Bond contributing much with the bat here. High risk high reward strategy.
Test top score of 41 from 13 completed innings, ODI average of 16. I reckon the other players' weakness is that neither of their players will be used to the new ball in either capacity. At least my guys are used to bowling with the new ball and could probably tap some pies around for 30-40 runs each.

cnerd123

likes this
I'd go with Shakib and Nasir Hossain personally. The latter can field and bowl both spin and medium pace. Compliments Shakib well.

For India I'd have to go with Sachin and Mankad. I would consider Dev but the whole pace-bowler-breaking-down point is a compelling one. Sachin's seamups are handy and the article on CW recent suggests Vinoo dabbled in it in his youth, so they should go allright till the ball loses its shine.