• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Video Analysis of me.. Help please?

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
After two long and increasingly painful hours of net practice this morning, I can now swing the thing both ways (and more than anyone else who was bowling, according to one guy who was batting).

However, I have a huge problem with accuracy, everything is down leg. Managed to bowl someone off stump with a rather nice inswinger from around the wicket, though :)

Practice will make almost-competent, eventually...
I know it seems pretty much mandatory (can't think of another word :P ) but after years of bowling to left handers, I have that problem a lot.

I know it takes time but cross your arm over your body a bit if going over to get to off side.

Try get line before speed as well.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
After two long and increasingly painful hours of net practice this morning, I can now swing the thing both ways (and more than anyone else who was bowling, according to one guy who was batting).

However, I have a huge problem with accuracy, everything is down leg. Managed to bowl someone off stump with a rather nice inswinger from around the wicket, though :)

Practice will make almost-competent, eventually...
The problem is finding the time - I've had exactly that problem for years. Just don't have the time to practice.
If you can bowl inswing to order (:)) you can teach me. I tend to bowl inswingers by accident.:(

Swervy

International Captain
neil,
sorry to dig up this older thread, but I am interested in the coaching thing.

How does one go about taking the various levels of the coaching qualifications,and how much time is required to do the various levels,...and probably more importantly..how much does it cost?

i have wanted to get into that side of things for a while.

cheers

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The cost of getting into the various courses varies between county boards.

Level I at present is a four-day course, costing £60-90, resulting in a very basic technical assessment and multi-choice paper, before taking a group of 6-8 U11s for a fifteen minute "group coaching" session. Anyone can pass Level I.

There's usually 3/4 run in a county per year on a regional basis(speaking from experience in Devon & Lincs - ie Plymouth/Exeter and Grimsby/Lincoln/Stamford).

It will change drastically very soon - a lot, lot more continuous assessment and practical experience will come in and it will be much harder to pass - I recommened you do one before too long because this will change within the next 6/12 months at the most.

Level II is much more theory based and indepth. It involves more advanced technical models, theory on sports science and a lot of video analysis with an assessed net with County U13/14 juniors. It's a 6-day course and will cost £90-150.

To get involved, contact your local Cricket Development Officer. Going from your profile, it's Tony Bowry, Yorkshire Cricket Board, YCB Office, Yorkshire Cricket Centre, 41 St. Michael's Lane, LEEDS, West Yorkshire, LS6 3BR - Tel (0113) 230 5238