• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZC Contracts (announced on July 1)

Offer a contract to five of the players below:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not spited at all. I think he will get a contract.

But I do ask you this, wouldn't you like to see Bennett be given a chance in McLeakin's spot in Zimbabwe or SA?
You havn't seen my sig obviously. Just kidding. I don't care really Hamish is no better or worse than McLeakin. Probably worse tbh as hamish isn't as bright as Mitch.

You havn't seen my sig obviously. Just kidding. I don't care really Hamish is no better or worse than McLeakin. Probably worse tbh as hamish isn't as bright as Mitch.
I thought your sig was test cricket. I totally agree with you - and I don't think Bennett is right for test cricket even if he wasn't to get injured. I'm talking the pyjama stuff.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I thought your sig was test cricket. I totally agree with you - and I don't think Bennett is right for test cricket even if he wasn't to get injured. I'm talking the pyjama stuff.
Yeah I knew you were, just wanted to point out a bias I have. I think he has played ODIs before and he was meh. He was neither good nor bad. I don't believe that he has improved. I wouldn't be upset if he was picked however.

I do think McLeakin is worth persevering with due to his greater ODI experience.

I do think McLeakin is worth persevering with due to his greater ODI experience.
Thats the only point of difference really. I think at his slower pace, this short rubbish is quickly becomming futile and the batsmen know what to expect and plan to put it away.

In my opinion, Bennett can bowl that crap at a fair few more clicks with more success and economy.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wagner is definitely not done. Henry did just enough to edge him as 3rd seamer imo given his obvious potential etc, but Wagner easily makes it as backup in case Henry goes on tilt.
Yeah if Henry is bowling garbage then I'd lean towards Wagner over Bracewell as third seamer for the tests in Australia, form dependent of course.

Athlai

Not Terrible
New ICC ODI player rankings are out. Boult was 2nd in the world for a bit there, is now 3rd after Tahir and Starc. Fair to say that where those haterz att??????

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The contracts list announced today, with KW taking out the top spot, followed by Boult and Mac in 2nd and 3rd. Taylor and Southee at 4th and 5th.

According to stuff, the following represents the likely NZC contract list (in ranking order): Kane Williamson, Trent Boult, Brendon McCullum, Ross Taylor, Tim Southee, Martin Guptill, Corey Anderson, BJ Watling, Tom Latham, Adam Milne, Matt Henry, Luke Ronchi, Grant Elliott, Mark Craig, Jimmy Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Nathan McCullum, Mitchell McClenaghan, Doug Bracewell, Neil Wagner.

If that's accurate then Watling coming in at 8th behind Corey and Guptill is an outrage.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If that's accurate then Watling coming in at 8th behind Corey and Guptill is an outrage.
Not really considering the former doesn't play in the short-forms, whether there's an argument to say he should or not.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The contracts list announced today, with KW taking out the top spot, followed by Boult and Mac in 2nd and 3rd. Taylor and Southee at 4th and 5th.

According to stuff, the following represents the likely NZC contract list (in ranking order): Kane Williamson, Trent Boult, Brendon McCullum, Ross Taylor, Tim Southee, Martin Guptill, Corey Anderson, BJ Watling, Tom Latham, Adam Milne, Matt Henry, Luke Ronchi, Grant Elliott, Mark Craig, Jimmy Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Nathan McCullum, Mitchell McClenaghan, Doug Bracewell, Neil Wagner.

I imagine contracts take into account how much they play i.e. formats. Currently Watling is a Test only player, and even if he were to play ODIs Guptill and CJ play both of those + T20Is. It's not outrageous imo. Edit; what Zinzan said.

Last edited:
Interesting that Adam Milne is ranked above Matt Henry.

Does this mean that they foresee Adam Milne playing some test cricket soon?

Wagner has to get himself back above Bracewell, surely.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
It's also entirely possible some players are ranked evenly in terms of money so it's arbitrary who goes first on the list. I'd be surprised if they had everyone literally ranked 1-20 in terms of importance instead of groups of 2's and 3's.

Howsie

International Captain
Kane Williamson doesn't make enough money for my liking. Should dump the turd buckets at the end of the contract list (McCullum and Wagner) and give him their dollars.