• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Not running off the last ball in the 1st innings of an ODI is selfish as ****

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I guess he decided it was a wide?
Yeah he took his chances with the duck in hope of getting a wide of it.

Not running a bye was mainly Boult's fault IMO -- Santner even took a couple of steps before he realised Boult wasn't actually halfway down the wicket like he should have been and went back.

91Jmay

International Coach
You can (and should anyway in that situation) run on a wide, so that is an irrelvance. He just had a frazzled mind as Jof stuck a ball past his nose at 90mph.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
The temerity of anyone to suggest Santner wasn't up for the challenge of Archer, honestly. Many a trustworthy eye has judged him the best young batsman, talent wise, in the country....

Eh, over the Santner hate. He'll be fine. Do you honestly believe he'd be here if he was that much of a numpty off the back foot? Best young batsman, talent wise, in the country. He'll put a few on the hill if he's tested with the short stuff.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was thinking along the same lines.
I've never seen a wicket taken on the final ball of the first innings (especially a run out) create much of a celebration for the fielding side. The psychological boost would be minute