• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Simulator Mini CWC ODI ATG Knockout Tournament (8 players wanted)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, but don't you think a Roger Binny could have done just as well for you as Bhajji.. Or even L Sivaramakrishnan...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, but don't you think a Roger Binny could have done just as well for you as Bhajji.. Or even L Sivaramakrishnan...
The only eligible bowlers with lower ER than Bhajji are Kapil, Shastri and Prabhakar. I didn't pick Shastri because he will almost never pick a wicket against this WI top and middle order - while Bhajji can do that once in a while.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
In real life, I'd pick a completely different team against this WI team...may pick players like Dravid, Amarnath, and even Sehwag, Zaheer

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The only eligible bowlers with lower ER than Bhajji are Kapil, Shastri and Prabhakar. I didn't pick Shastri because he will almost never pick a wicket against this WI top and middle order - while Bhajji can do that once in a while.

Yeah my bad... reading through the thread in a hurry I missed the 75 match cut off...

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
mohinder amarnath does not belong in the discussion imo. yeah he had a good few wc games but that's literally about it.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
mohinder amarnath does not belong in the discussion imo. yeah he had a good few wc games but that's literally about it.
Against Ambrose, Marshall, Garner and Holding; I'd probably prefer Amarnath ahead of players like Ganguly, Yuvraj, Gambhir, Raina. Tendulkar, Kohli, Dhoni, Sehwag, Dravid should be there ...the other option for the 6th batsman can be Azharuddin, but I don't want Gavaskar in ODI for sure...Rohit Sharma might not be bad, but Amarnath's advantage over Azhar or Rohit is the bowling

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
grandfinal.jpg

Coronis's West Indies def. weldone's India to take the title 200-101.

Despite having five batsmen that averaged over 45, India lacked the incisiveness with the ball to get rid of the WI top 5 who regularly put up big scores. The low economy rate of the Indian bowlers didn't help much because a) their strike rates were generally poor, which meant the WI kept wickets in hand until the slog at the end and b) the WI bowlers are also very economical.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I hope someone picks a NZ side the next time I do this. I would like to know how a bowling attack of Hadlee-Bond-Cairns-Boult-Vettori went.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Actually we could turn this into a championship belt. If someone wants to nominate an NZ team I can play them against Coronis's West Indies.