• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Blessing Mahwire's action

Craig

World Traveller
If I heard one descripton as he is about to scratch the back of his head.

Now I wonder what would happen in a Test or ODI if a umpire called a player for chucking?

If it were an Indian (got called) the umpire would slaughtered in the press and Dalmayia would make sure he never umpired at the top level again.

Andre

International Regular
If I was an opposition cricketer, I certainly wouldn't be jumping up and down about his action!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I mentioned it before but it was then said that thread I posted it in (I think it was teh VB thread) was not to become a chucking one, so no-one commented on it. He chucks it big time! And the proof of this is how much swing and seam he gets. Although it ius only very small, his action should provide for absolutely none. Its a shame because he doesnt look the worst (despite what people say). He looks muhc better IMO than Hondo, who is inconsistant, and can only bowl with the new ball under lights.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Craig said:
If I heard one descripton as he is about to scratch the back of his head.

Now I wonder what would happen in a Test or ODI if a umpire called a player for chucking?

If it were an Indian (got called) the umpire would slaughtered in the press and Dalmayia would make sure he never umpired at the top level again.
And what do you base that on, Craig ?

Harbhajan Singh and Rajesh Chauhan are the only two Indian bowlers in recent times who've had their actions questioned.
In both cases, it wasn't a big deal in the Indian media and there was certainly no intervention whatsoever from Dalmiya.
Both bowlers had to change their actions.

Get over your stereotypes !

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
jamesryfler said:
And what do you base that on, Craig ?

Harbhajan Singh and Rajesh Chauhan are the only two Indian bowlers in recent times who've had their actions questioned.
In both cases, it wasn't a big deal in the Indian media and there was certainly no intervention whatsoever from Dalmiya.
Both bowlers had to change their actions.

Get over your stereotypes !
Perhaps that is because Dalmiya wasn't in charge of The BCCI then?
He was ICC President during the Harbhajan case - I think the Chauhan one might have been before his time.
While he is another one who I don't think is quite as black as he's painted, he couldn't possibly have kicked-up a fuss then because he wouldn't have been in a position to.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Regarding Mahwire, from some angles his action looks like a blatant throw. However, before jumping immidiately to the conclusions that he must be a chucker, I suggest we look at the matter fully, or if we can't, let someone who can do so.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Hmm, it never caught my eye, i must say...

Saying that, im too busy watching the batsman dispatch him 10 rows back....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Some angles made it look like there was clear straightening of the arm.
However, there are many things which need to be established before any accusations are made. Sadly, the poor guy is so shy he probably won't have the courage to defend himself if he has defences.

shankar

International Debutant
Richard said:
Perhaps that is because Dalmiya wasn't in charge of The BCCI then?
He was ICC President during the Harbhajan case - I think the Chauhan one might have been before his time.
While he is another one who I don't think is quite as black as he's painted, he couldn't possibly have kicked-up a fuss then because he wouldn't have been in a position to.
So if he was in charge he would have ?