• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATG Black Caps ODI team League Tpurnament (10 players wanted).

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Tbf if Oram is not in the 24 best ODI cricketers we have produced, then something has gone seriously wrong.
Unlucky to miss out perhaps, but who would you drop? I admit Anderson's case for an allroundership is probably the weakest but he has played some ATG innings and has great stats.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
OK, the simulator can accept any players for an ATG Black Caps side. Will just enter them manually into the "Custom Series" feature.

Okay, wait till tomorrow and ill sort out a batting order and drop mccullum for larsen or chatfield c cairns.

Last edited:

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Glenn Turner is nerfed a bit in this simulator because he only played 41 matches and 12% of his runs came in one massive n.o. innings against an associate side. Therefore he averages closer to 40, not 47.

pewsbcs.jpg

PEWS's BCs def. SA 100-79.

I think Turner is just too much cake up top because of his low strike rate. Guptill scores the same runs for 5 or 6 balls fewer per innings.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I suspect the best team would be

1. Guptill
2. McCullum
3. Williamson
4. Crowe
5. Twose/some slogger like Anderson, Ronchi
6. Taylor
7. Cairns (5)
8. Hadlee (3) to counter AB de Villiers, who murders everyone else
9. Vettori (4) see above