• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rohan Kanhai

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rohan Kanhai

His name is sometimes overlooked when the great West Indian batsmen are discussed, but Rohan Kanhai was one of the very best. In this feature Martin tells his story

watson

Banned
This square drive by Kanhai in the 1975 World Cup final is unsurpassed, and remains my absolute favourite shot.

watson

Banned
It's a crying shame that the ATG West indian middle-order is pretty much locked down - Headley, Lara, Richards, Sobers. Although I don't think that it is too outrageous for Kanhai to compete with the No.3 spot and replace Headley.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
not a huge fan of playing player out of position but kanhai did open when he started out. had a horrid tour in england and then excelled when he moved to no.3. if he is to be included, he can open with greenidge and headley can remain at no.3

steve132

U19 Debutant
He was one of my boyhood heroes. My dream was always to see a long partnership between Kanhai and Sobers. Even today I consider him the most consistently exciting batsman I ever saw, apart from the sole exception of Viv Richards.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
He signed a nice lucrative contract with World Series Cricket in his early 40's but never played a match for the West Indies. He did play a few matches for the often forgotten World Series Cavaliers who were thrown together to give players who weren't getting much cricket some matches.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rohan Kanhai

His name is sometimes overlooked when the great West Indian batsmen are discussed, but Rohan Kanhai was one of the very best. In this feature Martin tells his story
Completely missed this. Very good read fred :)

He just looked like such a good bloke too, if that makes sense

91Jmay

International Coach
Way to young to have watched him but my Granddad and Dad have told me stories about him and his performances for the Bears. Granddad still says he is our best batsmen ever, even better than BC.