• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

pakistan squad for the indian tour

Choora

State Regular
masterblaster said:

The progress that Irfan Pathan and Lakshmipathy Balaji have made against one of the most unforgiving batting lineups in world cricket has been very commendable and respectable.

Good to see MB giving credit to L Balaji, the same pundit once labelled Balaji as the most useless bowler ever:saint: .

Indian bowling is fairly good , likewise Pak batting is fairly good.Thus the contest between Indian bowlers and Pak batsmen can be fairly even.

However how Indian batsmen performs against Pak bowlers is something what everyone is wondering.I personally think that it will be very difficult for Akhter and co to get all six top order Indian batsmen out cheaply, therefore i think Indian team stands an extremely good chance of winning the series.

Choora

State Regular
Beleg said:

I haven't seen Pathan or Ballaji, but Asish Nehra to me looks like a good seamer.
The way Nehra performed in Aus, he would be very fortunate to get in the 16 member Indian squad

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Choora said:
Indian bowling is fairly good , likewise Pak batting is fairly good.Thus the contest between Indian bowlers and Pak batsmen can be fairly even.
I think you're slightly confused :rolleyes:

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
shoaib malik shopuld not be in the test lineup for pakistan. he is not a test bowler,ok he may do well n odi's.same for danish,the indians will feast on danish who has done really well in the last few series but that was against south africa and newzealand,who are not very good players of spin.the indians are better players of spin bowling so i think that this factor rules them both out,and i think saqlains prescence should be sufficient to trouble the indians,remember that pakistan played with saqlain as the only spinner against india in 1998-99,in india.
ideally shabbir should be selected in either of their places,but he may not play because of the icc farce.
umar gul should be selected

i am a big fan of younis khan but his form lately has been depressing......so in accordance with what i have said ....umar gul should be played in place of shoaib malik

my pakistan starting eleven would be:

t umar
i farhat
y hameed
y youhana
i haq
a razzaq
moin khan
s akhtar
s mushtaq
m sami
umar gul

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
thehellraiser said:
shoaib malik shopuld not be in the test lineup for pakistan. he is not a test bowler,ok he may do well n odi's.same for danish,the indians will feast on danish who has done really well in the last few series but that was against south africa and newzealand,who are not very good players of spin.the indians are better players of spin bowling so i think that this factor rules them both out,and i think saqlains prescence should be sufficient to trouble the indians,remember that pakistan played with saqlain as the only spinner against india in 1998-99,in india.
ideally shabbir should be selected in either of their places,but he may not play because of the icc farce.
umar gul should be selected

i am a big fan of younis khan but his form lately has been depressing......so in accordance with what i have said ....umar gul should be played in place of shoaib malik

my pakistan starting eleven would be:

t umar
i farhat
y hameed
y youhana
i haq
a razzaq
moin khan
s akhtar
s mushtaq
m sami
umar gul
Umar gul u joking.He will get creamed all over the place.I would rather put malik as he is good with the bat but hes not really a test bowler

V Reddy

International Debutant
I think one thing the Indian fans should take into consideration is India is playing in Pakistan and so unless the spinners do well India wouldn't win a test. IMO Pathan will continue to pick wickets at an average of 30. Zaheer is returning from injury and so if he returns to his previous form early then India has a chance but other than that i can't see India taking 20 wickets in a test cheaply.But i think India would do well in the onedayers

hyounis786

Cricket Spectator
my pakistan one day squad:

1.taufeeq
2.yasir hameed
3.imran farhat
4.inzy
5.youhanna
6.afridi
7.razzaq
8.moin
9.akhtar
10.sami
11.saqlain
12.shabbir
13.danish
14.wicky
15.malik

:D :D :D

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
i still cant uderstand why afridi has been called back. this was what i was expecting with wasim bari being appointed as cheif selector. this guy is a joke, always going for reputations and not form or talent.....we needed to keep with someone ruthless like aamir sohail.

deeps

International 12th Man
if shahid afridi REALLY applied himself, i see he has the talent to really be a world class all-rounder

He's shown in patches that he's a great striker of the ball, and also shown us some magnificent spin bowling

Plz try to remember,the guy is only 21 or 22..(michael clarke age!) and yet he's achieved so much.. I see him as an integrel part of pakistani cricket in the future

Good move by wasim bari imo

Vroomfondel

U19 12th Man
Question is, who will the pakistanis bat against?

Zaheer, Kumble, Agarkar, Nehra, Harbhajan injured. In all likelihood, none of these guys are going to make it to Pakistan.

So who's bowling? Irfan, Balaji, Bhandari, Salvi(?), Kartik, Sharandeep, Parida, Joshi? Not good enough by some stretch.

Also, if you take a look at the NZ vs. CZ match in the Duleep trophy, Sharandeep is 0/41 and Parida is 1/41. Kartik is 1/58. The best spinner by a long way seems to be Hirwani (!!!:O!!!). He picked up Aakash Chopra and Dinesh Mongia in his 4/62

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
Agarkar will make it to Pakistan, Zaheer looks doubtful but still the signs are promising.

Balaji and Pathan performed admirably against Australia, and Pakistan's batting lineup is not as deadly as Australia's, so Balaji and Pathan will do well in Pakistan.

Kumble should make it to Pakistan as well, and Nehra is working with Dennis Lillie in at the MRF Pace Academy in India and is currently fit.

So the bowling attack looks like Agarkar, Irfan Pathan, Balaji, Kumble, Nehra and one of Parida, Powar, Sarandeep, Mishra, Bahatule etc.

Vroomfondel

U19 12th Man
Not according to this -- http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-515484,curpg-2.cms

Medium-pacer Ajit Agarkar is also down with a suspected stress-fracture of the leg and his availability is also in doubt. Agarkar had missed out on the Tri-series finals Down Under because of the injury.
If it is indeed a stress fracture then Agarkar's out for 6 months. Nehra still hasn't delivered a fitness certificate, although there are still 10 days till the BCCI deadline.

Kumble's shoulder has still not healed, although out of list of injured mentioned above, he looks most likely to recover(which is neither here nor there, really).

Choora

State Regular
Who is fit then???? Too much cricket is being played around, almost every second fast bowler is getting injured now days.

Bouncer

State Regular
I thin k afridi got more chances thna he deserved to prove his woth, but at the same time i am not surprised to see in the team against India. Coz style of play suites the atmosphere of India pak competiitions, He is kindaa guy who does not have any problem in looking in some body's eyes and telling him what he thinks of him. This is very crucial for a player in Indi-Pak cricket, this can rattle the opposistion in a big way..

harry674

School Boy/Girl Captain
why not pick munaf patel and salvi for tour after all they have been so hyped up

and just out of curiousity why was bhandari not played against AUs atleast they could have tried him in prelim matches.

Vroomfondel

U19 12th Man
The (?) next to Salvi's name in my first post on this subject was because iirc Salvi pulled out of the Aus tour because of an injury, and I haven't heard much about him since then so I don't know if he's fit. (don't even know if it was an injury or whether he was dropped for playing the way he did in the TVS final.)

Ifhe's fit, then going by his Ranji Trophy record Salvi should and probably will be picked if Zaheer and Agarkar don't make it. Then it would be Irfan, Balaji and Salvi/Bhandari -- still a very, very undercooked pace attack.

It's too early for Munaf, I mean he's only taken 20 odd wickets at first class level. Certainly not enough matches for him.

Let's just hope these guys get fit, so that we have two teams at near full strength. If not, India will either be hoping for miracles or playing for draws, neither of which sounds very inviting to me.

Last edited:

V Reddy

International Debutant
masterblaster said:
Although I get the feeling, Irfan Pathan will do very well in this series. I hope he doesnt prove me wrong.
According to Miandad, Pathan type bowlers are in every galli {street} in Pakistan :saint: . Salvi hasn't recovered yet.

My bowling attack would be

Pathan,Balaji, Nehra/Bhandari, Bhandari , Kumble, Kartik, Powar. Then we have Patel to contend with keeping to the above bowlers :lol: