• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketing Revisionism

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Bit disappointed that I didn't blame Ian Bell, although I did get my customary dig in at Shane Watson.

Midwinter

State Captain
After Starc's performance in the last test test against the West Indies his performance against India is now being revised from rubbish to "he was actually good in one game wasn't he ?"

:)

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
After Starc's performance in the last test test against the West Indies his performance against India is now being revised from rubbish to "he was actually good in one game wasn't he ?"

:)
Given he only played two games, this is entirely fair, to go with right.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Michael Jeh: This Australia can win on any pitch | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

In which Michael Jeh conveniently forgets that we went to the UAE and couldn't take a wicket to save ourselves (80.15. Never forget).

Oh and he has a nice wahhhhhhh (TM) about 'uneducated' cricket writers calling pitches doctored, when I've yet to see Jeh write anything that backs up his alleged superiority over all other cricket writers (i.e. he's almost always wrong).

He's basically a very grumpy paid-to-write Blocky. Not "I disagree", but "I disagree and you're an idiot for daring to disagree with me".

OverratedSanity

Don't know if it fits here, but the infamous SA-need-16-in-3-overs-with-3-wickets-remaining-and-block-out-17-balls-before-Steyn-bops-Shami-over-long-on-for-six-test annoys me sometimes. Anyone with a brain watching the match knew what SA did was weird. But then you had people who hadn't even watched the match, just looked at the scorecard and went "Oh, they could've collapsed and couldn't afford to hit out (even though they could've got there by just taking singles)".

Worse, just because SA won the next match, it apparently vindicated their stupidity and meant they did the right thing. Even though they had the series on a platter in the first match itself, it's somehow better to draw the first game and give India another chance in the next game. It's so weird. Classic example of people looking at scorecards and not understanding the actual situation of the match at that point, which was clearly advantage SA.

Spark

Global Moderator

In which Michael Jeh conveniently forgets that we went to the UAE and couldn't take a wicket to save ourselves (80.15. Never forget).

Oh and he has a nice wahhhhhhh (TM) about 'uneducated' cricket writers calling pitches doctored, when I've yet to see Jeh write anything that backs up his alleged superiority over all other cricket writers (i.e. he's almost always wrong).

He's basically a very grumpy paid-to-write Blocky. Not "I disagree", but "I disagree and you're an idiot for daring to disagree with me".
The comments are just as bad, mind you.

OverratedSanity

To be fair Harris was missing in UAE. Not to mention, Haze has arrived now, and maybe Starc has too (probably too early to say for sure). It's a very different attack to the one which had Siddle sending down 120 kph vegetarians.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Don't know why I didn't mention this last time, but the whole "SA were better than England in 2011 and deserved to be top of the rankings" is a great example.

Spark

Global Moderator
Don't know why I didn't mention this last time, but the whole "SA were better than England in 2011 and deserved to be top of the rankings" is a great example.
Also "SA deserved to be in the WC final", which, y'know...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Don't know if it fits here, but the infamous SA-need-16-in-3-overs-with-3-wickets-remaining-and-block-out-17-balls-before-Steyn-bops-Shami-over-long-on-for-six-test annoys me sometimes. Anyone with a brain watching the match knew what SA did was weird. But then you had people who hadn't even watched the match, just looked at the scorecard and went "Oh, they could've collapsed and couldn't afford to hit out (even though they could've got there by just taking singles)".

Worse, just because SA won the next match, it apparently vindicated their stupidity and meant they did the right thing. Even though they had the series on a platter in the first match itself, it's somehow better to draw the first game and give India another chance in the next game. It's so weird. Classic example of people looking at scorecards and not understanding the actual situation of the match at that point, which was clearly advantage SA.
Really? Who have you been talking to?

Literally everyone I know and the whole Australian cricket media woke up the next day, saw the scorecard, and lambasted South Africa for doing a typical ***** South Africa move.

There may be the odd few people who says what you are criticising, but the majority of people who judge what happened on the scorecard bag the **** out of SA I'd have thought. I wouldn't call it revisionism. It was deemed to be **** at the time, and people generally look back and still think it was ****.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Literally everyone I know and the whole Australian cricket media woke up the next day, saw the scorecard, and lambasted South Africa for doing a typical ***** South Africa move.

There may be the odd few people who says what you are criticising, but the majority of people who judge what happened on the scorecard bag the **** out of SA I'd have thought. I wouldn't call it revisionism. It was deemed to be **** at the time, and people generally look back and still think it was ****.
Don't know if the above is true, but I remember getting some of what OS is saying on the CW tour thread itself in real time. Couldn't believe how some people were defending SA. But since that was in real time, I couldn't argue about revisionism.

OverratedSanity

I basically need to get better friends.

Don't know if the above is true, but I remember getting some of what OS is saying on the CW tour thread itself in real time. Couldn't believe how some people were defending SA. But since that was in real time, I couldn't argue about revisionism.
Was it real time? Seem to remember everyone giggling in disbileif. It was after the match ended that people who hadn't watched the match jumped into the thread and started making those dumb statements.