• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most test wickets , which bowler ????

Who will hold the record for test wickets after 5 years from now on ????

• Walsh (remains the leading wicket taker)

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Muralitharan

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Shane Warne

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Glenn Mcgrath

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shaun Pollock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saqlain Mushtaq

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

FRAZ

International Captain
After 5 years who will be the most wicket taker in the test cricket ?
I did'nt give the option "any other", which in my view is most unlikely thing

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
If Pakistan continue to leave Saqlain out, I can't see him doing it.

If McGrath & Murali have another 3 or 4 solid seasons they would be my picks.

FRAZ

International Captain
Tim said:
If Pakistan continue to leave Saqlain out, I can't see him doing it.

If McGrath & Murali have another 3 or 4 solid seasons they would be my picks.
You are right . But what about Warne and hmmmmmmm Pollock . In my view the top 6 will be these 6 but Walsh will be at 4 in my view after 5 years ..
1. Murali
2. Pollock
3. Shane
4. Walsh
5. Mcgrath (subject to form)
6. Chances are for Saqi but not sure what ever you said is right may be ...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Murali for me. Saqlain would be up there but as noted, he has been left out of the team recently, I'm glad to hear he's back in the Pakistan team when India tour, I've always been a big fan of Saqlain.

Pollock, Warney and McGrath are obviously contenders, but I'm positive Murali will be on top in 5 years.

Just one man, and i.e Muralitharan!

McGrath and Warne short of Murali.

However the bigger question is as to which bowler will eventually break the recod by Murali in future.Such bowler must be of outstanding potential.

I can honestly see only Zahee Khan and Munaf patel ever breaking that wondeful record!

masterblaster

International Captain
Murali will get well over 600 wickets in tests.

No fast bowler can achieve more than that, their bodies can't handle it.

Zaheer will be a good bowler for India, but not a record-breaker or leading wicket taker by any means.

Your living in a fantasy world im afraid.....

Don Ricardo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
I can honestly see only Zahee Khan and Munaf patel ever breaking that wondeful record!
What exactly have either of these two done for you to make that assertion?

Let me guess...they were born in India.

Mate, if you truly believe what you are saying, you seriously need a reality check. If you're just taking the mickey, stop it now- it has become irritating enough.

FRAZ

International Captain
Don Ricardo said:
What exactly have either of these two done for you to make that assertion?

Let me guess...they were born in India.

Mate, if you truly believe what you are saying, you seriously need a reality check. If you're just taking the mickey, stop it now- it has become irritating enough.
Mr Ricardo , " I have no comments about that " " guy . But you are right and actually if some one is gonna reply then it will be said that "You are doing a Pakistani thing"... Zaheer is a good bowler and so is Pathan , But to reach that level hmmm impossible . There was one record for fastest bowler to reach first 50 wickets in the one day cricket . I've like heard this sentence for about 50 million times. I didnt answer about it because in my view it was'nt a considerable acchivement . I happened to see a records site . I saw that fastest 100 wickets , Fastest 150 wickets fastest 200 wickets and fastest 250 wickets were captured by Saqlain Mushtaq . I 've never seen this record being mentioned by any fan, because a true cricket fan is not gonna describe the record like a parrot ,once in a while is ok . I even saw that a guy said Wasim became rubbish after 30's. He obviously was not . No further comments .....

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm pretty sure he's being blatantly biased just to annoy everyone, just ignore it is my best advice.

twctopcat

International Regular
No fast bowler will come close to walsh's record for a long time, that guy was a terminator in terms of a cricketer, he just didn't stop. Pollock doesn't stand a chance, only around 330. Has to be murali ending ahead of warne, spinners are the only ones who can get anywhere cause they're less prone to injuries, and oh because they're both awesome. But murali is more awesome.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Muralitharan !

I reckon Warne will get selected for Sri Lanka & probably break Walsh's record during the 2004/05 home summer (at Melbourne on Boxing day would be ideal :D).
He only needs 28 more.

He will then likely hold onto it for a year or two , before he either retires or gets to old & is pushed out , likely with 550-600 wickets to his name.

Murali will likely break Warne's record within a month or two & go on to set a new mark , which will in turn take some beating.

BTW I think with his recent non-selection Saqlain would be flattered to be on this list :P
In ODI's sure but really I dont think he'll acheive anywhere near the success Warne & Murali have in tests.

Murali will hold the record , its inevitable , just as sure as Tendulkar will eventually hold the batting record , he's just 30 & already has 9000+.

FRAZ

International Captain
iamdavid said:
Muralitharan !

I reckon Warne will get selected for Sri Lanka & probably break Walsh's record during the 2004/05 home summer (at Melbourne on Boxing day would be ideal :D).
He only needs 28 more.

He will then likely hold onto it for a year or two , before he either retires or gets to old & is pushed out , likely with 550-600 wickets to his name.

Murali will likely break Warne's record within a month or two & go on to set a new mark , which will in turn take some beating.

BTW I think with his recent non-selection Saqlain would be flattered to be on this list :P
In ODI's sure but really I dont think he'll acheive anywhere near the success Warne & Murali have in tests.

Murali will hold the record , its inevitable , just as sure as Tendulkar will eventually hold the batting record , he's just 30 & already has 9000+.
Well you are may be right .. Tendulkar will definately go on and make a hell of a big batting record . And he is quite young too . Well Saqlain in my view will have to perform really very very well this year to be in team for a longer period of time . Well Shane Warne , In my view will be available for 2-3 years from now on . Murali is due to play 2 more world cups , Cuz Srilanka will keep on trusting him for a long time (just a guess). Lara I guess will also play for a long long time cuz he wont have board problems at all . But I doubt if he can go neck and neck with tendulkar . Dravid is a definate 10000 guy so is Inzamam. And in the few new comers I guess South African skipper Smith has bright prospects but I was reading a very good and sensible article that He has some very very bad technical drawbacks which he will have to overcome soon otherwise hand and eye coordination wont work for a long time . Pakistani youngsters will be struggling like usuall to be in team permenently . After YO YO (Yousaf Youhana) , They have'nt found a really reliable batsman . Gilchrist will go on with a big wicket keeping record . Kallis , hmm I am not sure what to say but what ever in my mind is about him is "good". Pollock no doubt will challange the record spot . Well who knows .................

godofcricket

State 12th Man
It certainly has to be Murlitharan. The way hes going right now would certainy mean he can get close to 600 or maybe above that mark. Warne might reach 500 first but it will be Murlitharan who would take the most wickets in the end. Murlitharan is a real threat to almost every opposition and to tackle him might be a difficult thing to do.

iamdavid

International Debutant
FRAZ said:
And in the few new comers I guess South African skipper Smith has bright prospects but I was reading a very good and sensible article that He has some very very bad technical drawbacks which he will have to overcome soon otherwise hand and eye coordination wont work for a long time
A truer sentence never spoken , but he's still young & it has only really been exposed by 1 team so far so he has time to fix it all up.

I fancy Boucher will break the record as he's still got a good 8 years in him , Gilchrist I fear has about two (I say fear as Haddin seems to be inline as his replacement :( ) , he's got the ability but he's a real family man & he's hinted before that the family is #1 priority with daylight second.

Lara is what....34? now , now he's fit & still playing brilliantly so he should still have 3 years in him , who knows maybe more , but he's getting to that sort of age.

Irfan Pathan showed a hell of alot of ability for a guy who was in high school a couple of years back.......if he stays fit who knows.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
^ Definitely agree with a lot of your points. Smith has plenty of years to correct his flaws, and he will improve, no doubt. Pathan at 19 has the sky as his limit. He can grow and grow from here and I'm glad to have seen him when he was young. Just as my parents and grandparents got to see Sachin when he first came on the scene as a 16 year old, I want to be able to say I saw Pathan when he was 19 (that's if he does even half of what Sachin does, and that's a long way away).

Sachin will definitely hold the most runs in both forms of the game for a long long time, I can't see many breaking it when he gets it. He started when he was 16, not many will have that advantage again.

FRAZ

International Captain
DOES'NT The poll looks like some one is showing middle finger . And there is a long middle one naming Murali .....

Last edited:

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Like 80% of the ppl that have done the poll, I said Muralitharan as well.....he will easily take over Warne (doesn't have much left in him, 2 years would be my guess) and go on to get 600-700 Test wickets, barring injury of course!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
twctopcat said:
Pollock doesn't stand a chance, only around 330.
But the potential for what, 5 or 6 years more (still only 30)

That makes it about 30 wickets a year - not a great ask.