• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

By when do you think India will become number one team in the World?

By when do you think India will become number one team in the World?

• One year.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 2-3 years

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • 5 years

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • They are already the best ?

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
the aussies are still the best.....vb series finals?

india failed to win against newzealand on their home ground.....got trounced by newzealand in newzealand......have no won a test series abroad for god knows how many years......

how can they be the best.......calling the indians the bets team in the world is like saying that england has the best footbal team in the world.......and i myself am a die hard england football team supporter......

come on people ........i hate to admit it .....the aussies still rule

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
well its a simple fact ....the indians are brainwashed by therir media.....the indians have so much hatred for pakistanis that it is unbelievable......

no one has ever killed anyone when pakistan has lost to india.....and looking back at history that has not happened very often......the pakistanis have a far superior record against the indians

then when u talk of ur film industry.........half the people that u people spend money on are pakistanis.....adnan sami....junoon....ali haider....hadiqa qayani.....ghulam ali.....to name a few

every single news channel in india is flooded with news about pakistan......its like that there is nothing going on in india.....hahahaha.....all they have time for and care about is the pakistanis.....

rarely due u see any indian based headlines on the various pak channels.....its like that the indians cant live without pakistan.......hahahaha....its amazing...

but then coming back to the point about praising india cricket team....i for a fact know that many people admire tendulkar......on of my best friends tries to copy him and regards him as the greatest batmen in the world.....i personaly disagree but i have tremendous respect for dravid.....i have said to many people that if there was one player the like of which i would like to see in the pak team is dravid......on the other hand the indians despise shoaib akhtar and company......and this is a fact.......the indian people should rise above their biased media and look at the broader picture.....remember the test match in calcutta ..... the stadium had to be emptied due to the fact that the pakistanis were winning......

passion is what makes these games great .......so there is no harm in feeling passionate......i say again that the indians should see the tre picture.....

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
i empasize......we used to live together as brothers....we should get rid of this restricted mantality and start to get along......why cant we be friendly with each other and appreciate each other.....

shankar

International Debutant
thehellraiser said:
and looking back at history that has not happened very often......the pakistanis have a far superior record against the indians
Ind have won 5 tests and pak has won 9 agst. Ind,if that's what you call "far" superior...ok.

every single news channel in india is flooded with news about pakistan......its like that there is nothing going on in india.....hahahaha.....all they have time for and care about is the pakistanis

rarely due u see any indian based headlines on the various pak channels.....its like that the indians cant live without pakistan.......hahahaha....its amazing...
Dont know what you're talking abt. I rarely hear unnecessary excessive news abt. pak.

on the other hand the indians despise shoaib akhtar and company......and this is a fact.......the indian people should rise above their biased media and look at the broader picture....
WRONG. Just like ur friends like sachin, my friends love watching shoib akhtar run into bowl. I've rarely heard a news report abt. him not calling him the rawalpindi express.

remember the test match in calcutta ..... the stadium had to be emptied due to the fact that the pakistanis were winning......
WRONG again.Those people threw stuff on the ground b'coz they were disappointed that their team played such poor cricket and couldnt put up a fight not because they hate pakistan. Not very sporting but you've to remember that many of them give up a day's meal to come and watch their team play.

Also you forgot to explain the crowd reaction in chennai.They listen to the same "brainwashing Indian media that's full of hate for pakistan"

Look there's unnecessary distrust on both sides...why dont we take a cue from our politicians (There's something I thought I'd never say UGH!) and stop the fighting.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Why is this thread still open ?? Do we need to go thru same India-Pakistan **** again ?

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
This thread makes no sense in my point of view. I mean we can never jump to any conclusion here. If we want to prove something than we should do it by showing respect to each other. We are here to talk about cricket and we have some great cricketers from the subcontinent, we should learn to appreciate the good players of each other and be able to accept any weaknesses within ourselves and our teams. I think if we cant be brave enough to do that than its better to close the thread because we are not strong enough to face the reality.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
My (misguided?) faith in human nature means I'm going to allow the thread to stay open in the hope of some adult behaviour... but it's on a short leash.

Bouncer

State Regular
shankar said:
Ind have won 5 tests and pak has won 9 agst. Ind,if that's what you call "far" superior...ok.

Look who is saying The people who win one game every 4 year and Remind Pakistan of that.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

and hey if Indins did not go hiding from 1961 to 1978 and then again from 1989-1999, and boycotted sharjah cricket during early 90's, the record would have been even more impressive....but i still think u wouldn't be impressed by that.....

BTW u forgot to Mention the ODI 53:28 record, i wonder why?:rolleyes:

shankar

International Debutant
Bouncer said:
and hey if Indins did not go hiding from 1961 to 1978 and then again from 1989-1999, and boycotted sharjah cricket during early 90's, the record would have been even more impressive...
:rolleyes:

Bouncer said:
BTW u forgot to Mention the ODI 52:30 record, i wonder why?:rolleyes:
thought we were discussing test matches.Yes,Pakistan has done far better in the ODI meetings (although India've managed to win all the WC encounters :P....sorry couldnt resist that )

masterblaster

International Captain
Bouncer said:
Coz ur friends are failing to bring stats and figures to support their arguments.
No, not really, firstly their not my friends if their on the other side of the world.

Secondly, none of you guys make ANY sense at all. Your English is extremely, extremely incoherent. Especially FRAZ.

Thirdly, I would like some spirit between the two communities (Indian and Pakistani) on CW, not 'cheap pot shots' at one another.

I'd like to have the last word on this one.

yohanna

Banned
It's news to me. Not many Computer Games are made in India and if at all it was made it would have made news in India or atleast there would have been atleast one article on that. I tried searching for it on Google and Altavista and could not find even a hint of that. Ok even if such a game was developed , what's wrong in that? Aren't such type of war games made in USA , Russia, Israel , Palestine,etc,. Thousands of people are killed every year in India and not Pakistan and naturally some people will be anti-pak and they have every reason to be too. I know some families too which have been affected by militants.Don't tell me that anti-indian activities don't happen in Pakistan. It's noticed in India b'coz India is a democracy and the media has more freedom
If you couldn't find it , it doesn't mean it DOES'T exist.I don't have to come up with a third class fiction story to prove my point.
What's wrong with it? well MasterBlaster said that Shoaib Akhter is well liked in India, what was shown on Zee TV clearly shows the opposite.Any civilized man would have opposed such games in which cricketers and not militants are made target of hatred.
I didn't knew thousands of people doesn't die in Pak, obviously u are ill informed.I have seen many people who are target of Indian brutality they have reasons too to be anti Indian!

I said they defend Pakistani players. If they have so much hatred of Pakistan as Fraz points out then they could have jumped on the bandwagon of criticizing Pak players when others were doing so. And they never posted anti-pakistan comments here. Just saw Choora message on Ind-Pak series. Agreed on him but he sticks to Cricket instead of diverting. MB's above post was only in retaliation to Fraz
Forget MB's above post, his comment in another thread that "IF Pakistan can prove to be a civilized country only then India should travel to Pakistan" what do you make of that?

what's with you all pakistanis? Every Pakistani says that the Indians are brainwashed by their media. Why can't it be the other way round? Whenever i search on Google News with keywords "India Pakistan", i see one or two anti-india headlines atleast saying We shouldn't trust India or India-Israel are our enemies or Indians are infidels or India is anti-islam,etc,. How can you ignore those articles and pinpoint Indian media ones. You will find on Rediff some articles praising Musharraf and denouncing Israel and below that plenty of angry reviews by surfers of that website. If they were so bias , it would be completely the other . Praising Israel as they helped us in the Kargil war and condemning Musharraf as he was the one who tried to invade India's territory and thereby started the Kargil war.Just another example, Bedi gave tips to Saqlain in that Ind-Pak series in which he took 20 wickets in 2 games and Akram gave tips to Pathan and that too against Australia. You know what the reactions were. I am only saying all this b'coz Fraz seems to think only Indians hate pakistan when it is just the same case in Pakistan if not more
I NEVER said that Pakistani press is Indian friendly, but it isn't as poisonous as the one accross the border and there are reasons for that.First is that Pak press can't match the Indian press, its way smaller in size, secondarily the major English Newspapers have gained a reputation for being too self-critical , and when one is self-critical there isn't much room for bias. Try to do an analysis of Newspaper "Dawn" and you will see whta i mean.
However i will be honest with you and will admit that our urdu press is as inflamatory as any Indian Press.
And don't start discussing wars, there were war before Kargil too you wanna go into that?

Choora

State Regular
I would like to say that i won't deny saying that India would thrash Pakistan in the comming series, but believe me i wasn't due to any hatred for Pakistan, i sometimes use strong language about what i firmly believe, the result i often comes under attack from some members :lol: .

The comments by Master Blas over Indian touring Pakistan if Pak can prove to be a civilized country is indeed insulting, if i had the same feeling for Pak i would have posted in the thread "indian shouldn't tour Pak , but i knew it was started in bad blood and it would only create problems for all that's why i kept away from it!

Some Indians have been irresponsible on this forum, likewise atleast one Pak fan in Fraz has been dissapointing.I tried to dispel Fraz's impression that Indians doesn't give credit to Pak bowlers, but unfortunately Fraz proved to be too stubborn!

masterblaster

International Captain
Wow, all you guys have really taken my 'civilised' remark very seriously. I didnt intend to be malicious, if I have offended anybody I apologise for it.

Certainly, the political situation in Pakistan regarding terrorism and 'freedom-fighters' has always been worse in Pakistan than any other country in the world, thats what I was trying to say.

I have nothing against Pakistan at all, except the fact that Im not that confident that our players will be safe there.

Think about it, the Pakistani President was a minute away from being assasinated, thats the President of Pakistan!

Think about the 'arch enemy' India's cricket team and players!
If the President isn't safe, how can the 'rivals' players be?

yohanna

Banned
Noone objected to ur suggestion that India shouldn't play in Pak, you have been very VOCAL aout it since a very long time, however you should be careful with ur words.

The threath to president is from certain elements that aren't interested in Indians (as i had poited out in the other thread).

And we , Pakistanis , doesn't consider Indian team as "arch enemy" we say they are 'arch rivals' , thats basically the differece between you and us!

Bouncer

State Regular
yohanna said:

And we , Pakistanis , doesn't consider Indian team as "arch enemy" we say they are 'arch rivals' , thats basically the differece between you and us!
Well said Yohana! Basically indians need to come out of 1947 and start living in 2004.

Choora

State Regular
No, Master Blas doesn't represent all Indians, just like Mr Fraz doen't represent all Pakistanis, so you can't accuse all Indians like that.

Many in India feels that India shouldn't go to Pak, and on the other hand many believes that the should, infact some friends of mine and thinking of travelling to Pak to watch the series!!!

People who think Pakistanis doesn't greets Indians, well i have an eye opener for them.The Indian security delegation which went to inspect the Karachi cricket stadium was greeted by a handsome crowd of people today, among the crowd was also Shaid Afridi (Pak most promissing player:lol: ).However i have a feeling that this series will get postponed, not due to security reasons but because of general elections in India!

FRAZ

International Captain
masterblaster said:
Wow, all you guys have really taken my 'civilised' remark very seriously. I didnt intend to be malicious, if I have offended anybody I apologise for it.

Certainly, the political situation in Pakistan regarding terrorism and 'freedom-fighters' has always been worse in Pakistan than any other country in the world, thats what I was trying to say.

I have nothing against Pakistan at all, except the fact that Im not that confident that our players will be safe there.

Think about it, the Pakistani President was a minute away from being assasinated, thats the President of Pakistan!

Think about the 'arch enemy' India's cricket team and players!
If the President isn't safe, how can the 'rivals' players be?
What about Iraq, Iran, Palestine, Indonesia, Usa , India, Russia, Colombia, Gaza , Lebanon , chechniya , bosnia , AFGHANISTAN, Srilanka , North Korea , etc etc . If Pakistan is worse than them then you are .............. And I told you about your media . So many Indians visited Pakistan recently , What happened to them? Actually you guys are not true fans and you just want to remember one WC victory thats it .
And dont just give this ediotic statement that Only Pakistani president has been attacked , What about Indira and Rajiv ,were'nt they murdered ? . And mind you these are you guys who are calling Pakistani racist to Hindus and Only India is the champion of being a multi religionismic country . Danish Kaneria is Hindu in pak team , Yo yohana is christian . Hindus , Christians and Sikhs are all my brothers and sisters .I told you I am not against India or Any religion , I am against Indian Media , which I mean has never shown a true story about Pakistan . Just look at what happened to christians and Muslims in India, Have we ever discussed it here , because now you guys have dragged the Assasination attempt thing here . And mind you , In no area of the world terrorism or freedom fighting can be done if the local area people are not gonna support the people who do it . And for god sake its cricket and dont be afraid of losing its just a game . And remember one thing I am not gonna discuss on any Biased and stupid reply , Just create a logic and then talk..... And if there is any biased statement then you guys know my answers already ....

Last edited: