• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

By when do you think India will become number one team in the World?

By when do you think India will become number one team in the World?

• One year.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 2-3 years

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • 5 years

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • They are already the best ?

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
They still dont have as good and deadly and consistent and experienced of a bowling attack to make them number one as yet but certainly their batting is one of the best in my opinion. So as soon as they have a more reliable bowling attack they will be number one and i have no doubt as yet in India's ability to produce good batsmen.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The end of the 2008/09 tour to South Africa, then?

Pointless question, pointless post, freedom of speech, etc.

Best way to "eliminate" "false opinions" is by strength of argument, not banning.

V Reddy

International Debutant
FRAZ said:
untill unless some one from a world out side Mongolia (They doubt there is) , is gonna make the poll ...... :P :P
No need for that

Fraz, would you mind mentioning the name of the website which says all those dumb things which you have mentioned? The website that has been mentioned till now is Sportsnetwork India which is maintained by some Indian fans. Check out some articles on Sportsnetwork Pakistan too to find some very NEUTRAL articles :lol: . You check out Pakistani websites and compare them with Indian and you will find which one has more Anti-India or Anti-Pakistan.Then you say that Indians always post some words against or taunt Pakistan. You say as if the Pakistanis like Indians but it is the Indians who start the trouble but it is the other way round w.r.t. wars between the countries too. Also chk out some Indians posts in this forum - Masterblaster , Choora , Pratyush , Krkode, warrioryouhannan, Anil Ramavarma , Amits ( as biased-indian as you will ever get but is a big supporter of Pakistan which is evident in his posts of that messageboard) ,etc,. You will find that they defend Pakistan most of the time which can't be said of our neighbours.

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
vishnureddy said:
No need for that

Fraz, would you mind mentioning the name of the website which says all those dumb things which you have mentioned? The website that has been mentioned till now is Sportsnetwork India which is maintained by some Indian fans. Check out some articles on Sportsnetwork Pakistan too to find some very NEUTRAL articles :lol: . You check out Pakistani websites and compare them with Indian and you will find which one has more Anti-India or Anti-Pakistan.Then you say that Indians always post some words against or taunt Pakistan. You say as if the Pakistanis like Indians but it is the Indians who start the trouble but it is the other way round w.r.t. wars between the countries too. Also chk out some Indians posts in this forum - Masterblaster , Choora , Pratyush , Krkode, warrioryouhannan, Anil Ramavarma , Amits ( as biased-indian as you will ever get but is a big supporter of Pakistan which is evident in his posts of that messageboard) ,etc,. You will find that they defend Pakistan most of the time which can't be said of our neighbours.
Well Said Vishnu,

FRAZ it is really, really easy to put the blame on somebody else, but as the bible says, "judge yourself before you judge somebody else"

Ill say it again, it is really easy to put the blame on somebody else, but to make things work with the other person and to be in a constructive relationship with your neighbouring country's people is quiet difficult.

It is true that Indian's give Pakistani's more credit than Pakistani's give Indian's. In India we love Wasim Akram and Shoaib Akhtar, in Pakistan there have been numerous cases of people either killing themselves or others in rage when India has beaten Pakistan or when Sachin Tendulkar has made a century.

FRAZ, we're a group of peaceful people who love the game of cricket, and would like nothing more than to be friendly with our neighbours. Too further add to my arguement, you can ask anybody when I say that Wasim Akram is my favourite all time player.

There are no taunts coming from our side FRAZ, only a little 'healthy competition'. Pakistan seems so against anything 'Indian'.

Yet still, Pakistan loves the Indian Film Industry......

Bouncer

State Regular
masterblaster said:
Well Said Vishnu,

in Pakistan there have been numerous cases of people either killing themselves or others in rage when India has beaten Pakistan or when Sachin Tendulkar has made a century.

Can u give an example! at back ur claim with some example, when ever people trated players badly that was never because Lost to India, all of because those resluts were suspecious for those games.

And also tell me when Savhin scored a hundred and People in Pak started killing others, as u claimed.

Sachin Hundred's against Pak

Singapore 96: Result Pak wON BY i think 6 or seven wickets.

Sharjah a week later: Pakistan Lost.....Nobody got killed for that, not even any suspecious of fixing as Pak went down fighting chasing 300+, Rashid scored a quick fifty while batting as inch hitter.

Chenni 99: Pakistan Won, People in Pakistan Rated Sachin's inning as one ofthe greatest against Pak Attck.

U guys have really starting to annoy me now.....u make a claim and u cant even back it up with any proof or a hint of proof.

And i bet me life that u r not going to reply to this post.

Yet still, Pakistan loves the Indian Film Industry......
This claims makes sense on a cricket forum, where u mention their love for cricket.

Langeveldt

Soutie
good post mb....

I think when the aussies finally lose their crown, it will be nip and tuck between SA and India...

It all depends on if SA can find a class spinner who will win them matches overseas, and if India can lose their tag as poor performers overseas...

Makes for interesting cricket...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I think someone forgot that to be a good team, let alone the best in the world, you actually have to have a bowling attack worthy of the name...which I'm afraid I cannot see happening until Sachin, VVS and Dravid are all long gone...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Rik said:
I think someone forgot that to be a good team, let alone the best in the world, you actually have to have a bowling attack worthy of the name...which I'm afraid I cannot see happening until Sachin, VVS and Dravid are all long gone...

I think in the one day game, if you score big runs, you can almost rely on the opposition getting themselves out, under pressure (fielding has to be tip top though)..

And in the test game, a fit and raring Harbhajan Singh will take plenty of wickets.. Aavishkar Salvi and Zaheer are top class bowlers too.. It seems a case of seperating the wheat from the chaff AFATAC....

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
I think in the one day game, if you score big runs, you can almost rely on the opposition getting themselves out, under pressure (fielding has to be tip top though)..

And in the test game, a fit and raring Harbhajan Singh will take plenty of wickets.. Aavishkar Salvi and Zaheer are top class bowlers too.. It seems a case of seperating the wheat from the chaff AFATAC....
The only 2 bowlers who I think are World Class are Habhajan and Kumble, but they rarely play in the same side unless they are in India. Zaheer has a long way to go before he's anywhere near top-class, he's still largely inconsistant, and Salvi is totally un-tested.

masterblaster

International Captain
Bouncer said:
Can u give an example! at back ur claim with some example, when ever people trated players badly that was never because Lost to India, all of because those resluts were suspecious for those games.

And also tell me when Savhin scored a hundred and People in Pak started killing others, as u claimed.

Sachin Hundred's against Pak

Singapore 96: Result Pak wON BY i think 6 or seven wickets.

Sharjah a week later: Pakistan Lost.....Nobody got killed for that, not even any suspecious of fixing as Pak went down fighting chasing 300+, Rashid scored a quick fifty while batting as inch hitter.

Chenni 99: Pakistan Won, People in Pakistan Rated Sachin's inning as one ofthe greatest against Pak Attck.

U guys have really starting to annoy me now.....u make a claim and u cant even back it up with any proof or a hint of proof.

And i bet me life that u r not going to reply to this post.
This claims makes sense on a cricket forum, where u mention their love for cricket.
Well, im proving you wrong right now my friend, im replying to this post :D :D lol!

Well, all im trying to say is that the we aren't innocent in 'bagging' Pakistan, and neither are the Pakistani's 'washed in milk' and 'innocent' when it comes to bagging Indian's.

Its all pretty much mutual, but deep down I feel a mutual respect exists as well. The 'bagging' always exists, and it will continue to in many respects.

Each side will be faithful to their country and why wouldn't they be? And my referral to the Indian film Industry was simply a metaphorical one.

I tried to prove that Pakistan tends to bring India down in every way, shape and fashion possible. Yet they cannot resist watching the likes of Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan and Ajay Devgan who make our country very proud of them.

In short, I respect and love the Pakistani team for what they bring to the game...entertainment... pure and simple. Wasim Akram has given me more joy in watching fast bowling than anybody else.

Similarly Pakistani's wont be any less Pakistani if they admit that Indian's have qualities about them and that guys like Tendulkar or Dravid have provided them with much joy in terms of batting as well.

The bickering will always continue im afraid, but its up to us to appreciate each other and what each side brings to the game of cricket.

After all, we were one nation before and we were all brothers and sisters before. I dont see how or why this cant be the case still.

yohanna

Banned
Masterblaster , Choora , Pratyush , Krkode, warrioryouhannan, Anil Ramavarma , Amits ( as biased-indian as you will ever get but is a big supporter of Pakistan which is evident in his posts of that messageboard) ,etc
Is this a joke? Half the names have already proven to be anti-Pak, MasterBlaster(a respected member) and Choora posts are pro Pak? if so then what will be anti-Pak posts in ur views?

It is true that Indian's give Pakistani's more credit than Pakistani's give Indian's. In India we love Wasim Akram and Shoaib Akhtar, in Pakistan there have been numerous cases of people either killing themselves or others in rage when India has beaten Pakistan or when Sachin Tendulkar has made a century.
How can people lie like that, its shameful. Do you know that in India a computer war game was invented on which some intruders were shown to be exactly like Shoaib Akhter which the players could shoot down.This was shown on Zee Tv news, i was totally disgusted.
Incedents of rage happens in both India and Pakistan whenever the team loses.When India lost the first match of the last WC, didn't Indians set street on fire??

I tried to prove that Pakistan tends to bring India down in every way, shape and fashion possible.Similarly Pakistani's wont be any less Pakistani if they admit that Indian's have qualities about them and that guys like Tendulkar or Dravid have provided them with much joy in terms of batting as well.

That the problem with some Indians, they are so brainwashed, but then their media is lot to be blamed. Browse any major Indian newspaper, you will see anti -Pak headlines in its front page.But this guy take the cake, he thinks that people in Pakistan doesn't praise cricketers like Sachin and Dravid.If this is the case then why are the PEOPLE of Pak(i'm not talking about cricket board) interested to see Indian cricketers in action in Pakistan? Isn't Master Blaster the one who has been against Indian team going to Pak to play matches (on security base) , i and other Pakistanis were the one who wanted Indian cricketers to play in Pak.Don't say that its because PCB would be benefitted financially, because we(common people) have no interest in that.

On one hand this guy want Pakistanis to admit that Indian players have qualities, yet on the other hand this is the guy who doesn't want them to play in Pakistan.Mate, Sachin was already a favourite Indian player in Pakistan in the very first series played in Pakistan. I was the one who was in the stadium watching Sachin take on Qadir and hitting the magician for sixes and the crowd loved that.

When someone has a prefixed views like "Pakistan seems so against anything 'Indian'" then is not hard to judge as to where the guy is comming from!

V Reddy

International Debutant
Originally posted by yohanna
Is this a joke? Half the names have already proven to be anti-Pak, MasterBlaster(a respected member) and Choora posts are pro Pak? if so then what will be anti-Pak posts in ur views?

I said they defend Pakistani players. If they have so much hatred of Pakistan as Fraz points out then they could have jumped on the bandwagon of criticizing Pak players when others were doing so. And they never posted anti-pakistan comments here. Just saw Choora message on Ind-Pak series. Agreed on him but he sticks to Cricket instead of diverting. MB's above post was only in retaliation to Fraz

India a computer war game was invented on which some intruders were shown to be exactly like Shoaib Akhter which the players could shoot down.This was shown on Zee Tv news, i was totally disgusted

It's news to me. Not many Computer Games are made in India and if at all it was made it would have made news in India or atleast there would have been atleast one article on that. I tried searching for it on Google and Altavista and could not find even a hint of that. Ok even if such a game was developed , what's wrong in that? Aren't such type of war games made in USA , Russia, Israel , Palestine,etc,. Thousands of people are killed every year in India and not Pakistan and naturally some people will be anti-pak and they have every reason to be too. I know some families too which have been affected by militants.Don't tell me that anti-indian activities don't happen in Pakistan. It's noticed in India b'coz India is a democracy and the media has more freedom

That the problem with some Indians, they are so brainwashed, but then their media is lot to be blamed. Browse any major Indian newspaper, you will see anti -Pak headlines in its front page.But this guy take the cake, he thinks that people in Pakistan doesn't praise cricketers like Sachin and Dravid.If this is the case then why are the PEOPLE of Pak(i'm not talking about cricket board) interested to see Indian cricketers in action in Pakistan? Isn't Master Blaster the one who has been against Indian team going to Pak to play matches (on security base) , i and other Pakistanis were the one who wanted Indian cricketers to play in Pak.Don't say that its because PCB would be benefitted financially, because we(common people) have no interest in that.

what's with you all pakistanis? Every Pakistani says that the Indians are brainwashed by their media:wow:. Why can't it be the other way round? Whenever i search on Google News with keywords "India Pakistan", i see one or two anti-india headlines atleast saying We shouldn't trust India or India-Israel are our enemies or Indians are infidels or India is anti-islam,etc,. How can you ignore those articles and pinpoint Indian media ones. You will find on Rediff some articles praising Musharraf and denouncing Israel and below that plenty of angry reviews by surfers of that website. If they were so bias , it would be completely the other . Praising Israel as they helped us in the Kargil war and condemning Musharraf as he was the one who tried to invade India's territory and thereby started the Kargil war.Just another example, Bedi gave tips to Saqlain in that Ind-Pak series in which he took 20 wickets in 2 games and Akram gave tips to Pathan and that too against Australia. You know what the reactions were. I am only saying all this b'coz Fraz seems to think only Indians hate pakistan when it is just the same case in Pakistan if not more

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
vishnureddy said:
Originally posted by yohanna

I said they defend Pakistani players. If they have so much hatred of Pakistan as Fraz points out then they could have jumped on the bandwagon of criticizing Pak players when others were doing so. And they never posted anti-pakistan comments here. Just saw Choora message on Ind-Pak series. Agreed on him but he sticks to Cricket instead of diverting. MB's above post was only in retaliation to Fraz

India a computer war game was invented on which some intruders were shown to be exactly like Shoaib Akhter which the players could shoot down.This was shown on Zee Tv news, i was totally disgusted

It's news to me. Not many Computer Games are made in India and if at all it was made it would have made news in India or atleast there would have been atleast one article on that. I tried searching for it on Google and Altavista and could not find even a hint of that. Ok even if such a game was developed , what's wrong in that? Aren't such type of war games made in USA , Russia, Israel , Palestine,etc,. Thousands of people are killed every year in India and not Pakistan and naturally some people will be anti-pak and they have every reason to be too. I know some families too which have been affected by militants.Don't tell me that anti-indian activities don't happen in Pakistan. It's noticed in India b'coz India is a democracy and the media has more freedom

what's with you all pakistanis? Every Pakistani says that the Indians are brainwashed by their media:wow:. Why can't it be the other way round? Whenever i search on Google News with keywords "India Pakistan", i see one or two anti-india headlines atleast saying We shouldn't trust India or India-Israel are our enemies or Indians are infidels or India is anti-islam,etc,. How can you ignore those articles and pinpoint Indian media ones. You will find on Rediff some articles praising Musharraf and denouncing Israel and below that plenty of angry reviews by surfers of that website. If they were so bias , it would be completely the other . Praising Israel as they helped us in the Kargil war and condemning Musharraf as he was the one who tried to invade India's territory and thereby started the Kargil war.Just another example, Bedi gave tips to Saqlain in that Ind-Pak series in which he took 20 wickets in 2 games and Akram gave tips to Pathan and that too against Australia. You know what the reactions were. I am only saying all this b'coz Fraz seems to think only Indians hate pakistan when it is just the same case in Pakistan if not more

HI vishnureddy , How you doing . Well nuthing much to say but let me tell you one thing the media thing I described before , I stick with that thing . Remember Dilip kumar and Sunil dutt got awards fom Pakistan recently too . Just go and see news , There are peace talks going on every where . And you know what No one has nothing against you or others . But this is a picture perfect truth that Indian cricket fans are crazy . Its may be good for cricket in one way that they have put some excitment in the game but also this thing has dragged some unwanted biased ism too . I mean most of the times you are gonna see extra favourite ism in the players too , Which really sux some times . Any ways the discussion is way way off . What I had to say I have already said to every one and I was right that time . You know what I just answered some wrong comments and you guys I mean JONO you and Partyush answered politly (does nt matter if it was wrong). But I was proved automatically right when CHoora and another blabla agarkar guy came up . And also a non Indo pak member posted a Indian guy's comments about final of 2003. But atleast admitt one thing that Indian fans (most of them ) are just gonna favour their players no matter its true or not , and when ever you are gonna see a new Indian CW member is gonna come up he is going to just blindly give some ediotic statement with extra extra favouritism , and also in indirect ways they are gonna criticize Pakistani players for no reason . Good and bad are every where but concentration of Stupid cricket so called experts is way more in India . And dont just deny this fact and remember this thing because if you are gonna deny it then I ll keep on pointing out the statements of every futue Indian based CW member . Any ways the topic is going way way way off , So I guess we should stop now I guess what do you think because I am getting bored and tired of giving statements and quoting out the biased comments by Indian fans . And vishnu bhai I guess t was you who said once to another Indian based member that " you are trying your best to prove Fraz right" . So that statement of yours is the answer of any future inconvinience and for every previous post that I posted. Well I am supposed to be inflamatory but just check the posts e.g. No dodgy action " etc etc . So if you are on then I hope you ll give a positive response just like I did . Thanx

V Reddy

International Debutant
FRAZ said:
HI vishnureddy , How you doing . Well nuthing much to say but let me tell you one thing the media thing I described before , I stick with that thing . Remember Dilip kumar and Sunil dutt got awards fom Pakistan recently too . Just go and see news , There are peace talks going on every where . And you know what No one has nothing against you or others . But this is a picture perfect truth that Indian cricket fans are crazy . Its may be good for cricket in one way that they have put some excitment in the game but also this thing has dragged some unwanted biased ism too . I mean most of the times you are gonna see extra favourite ism in the players too , Which really sux some times . Any ways the discussion is way way off . What I had to say I have already said to every one and I was right that time . You know what I just answered some wrong comments and you guys I mean JONO you and Partyush answered politly (does nt matter if it was wrong). But I was proved automatically right when CHoora and another blabla agarkar guy came up . And also a non Indo pak member posted a Indian guy's comments about final of 2003. But atleast admitt one thing that Indian fans (most of them ) are just gonna favour their players no matter its true or not , and when ever you are gonna see a new Indian CW member is gonna come up he is going to just blindly give some ediotic statement with extra extra favouritism , and also in indirect ways they are gonna criticize Pakistani players for no reason . Good and bad are every where but concentration of Stupid cricket so called experts is way more in India . And dont just deny this fact and remember this thing because if you are gonna deny it then I ll keep on pointing out the statements of every futue Indian based CW member . Any ways the topic is going way way way off , So I guess we should stop now I guess what do you think because I am getting bored and tired of giving statements and quoting out the biased comments by Indian fans . And vishnu bhai I guess t was you who said once to another Indian based member that " you are trying your best to prove Fraz right" . So that statement of yours is the answer of any future inconvinience and for every previous post that I posted. Well I am supposed to be inflamatory but just check the posts e.g. No dodgy action " etc etc . So if you are on then I hope you ll give a positive response just like I did . Thanx
I agree with you Fraz on some Indian members favouritism atleast on this forum. Adnan Sami and Junoon music band are very popular in India too. On the Indian media thing , lets agree to disagree on that one :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Let's stick to every single meda around the world being full of sensationalist misinformation in order to make money :)

Except CricketWeb.