• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

By when do you think India will become number one team in the World?

By when do you think India will become number one team in the World?

• One year.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 2-3 years

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • 5 years

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • They are already the best ?

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters

Ruckus

International Captain
Obviously the most important thing is scoring as many runs as you can, but I still think how you play the game is important too. I'm not talking about aesthetics here, because aesthetics wouldn't be what I call skills - how someone looks when they play a stroke doesn't really have a bearing on how well they play it (although I'm sure there is some relationship between having nice aesthetics and skill level, because the majority of the top players seem to have elegant technique). Simply scoring runs by playing cover drives is only a mastery of the sport, not the art of cricket.

It's not that I don't understand the view of others around here (I completely do, I just don't agree with it). I'm not trying to spread 'myth' or whatever bull**** Prince_EWS comes up with, I just have a different opinion - if you don't agree that's fair enough. The bottom line is I don't like the idea of just looking at all the numbers etc. and coming to a conclusion about who the better players are simply based on that. I also value how someone plays, and that is something which requires observation. Even if you think cricket is just a numbers game, there are too many variables anyway for the numbers to provide any accurate comparisons between players - ultimately there will always be a murky area where subjective opinion is unavoidable...

Bun

Banned
fair enough top cat n vcs.

think his shield avg waas significantly lower than his test avg. but then shield back then was as good as test cricket.