• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Scoring runs is the Will of God

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
There are stories of Greg Chappell being so far into some sort of "zone" when batting that when he came off for lunch and tea breaks he'd just sit in a chair and stare and his teammates knew not to interact with him.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
There are stories of Greg Chappell being so far into some sort of "zone" when batting that when he came off for lunch and tea breaks he'd just sit in a chair and stare and his teammates knew not to interact with him.
Stories like this only confirm my suspicion that batting can be an actual spiritual practice in the Taoist tradition.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dravid always looked too nervous and sweat too much to be in this esteemed XI imo

Flem274*

123/5
southee

"look at all the ****s i give"

then he'll randomly care once every three years and score a 50 at a sedate rate of 75 runs per ball

bagapath

International Captain
I am an atheist; and I find this thread offensive.

But still....

The fast bowler you are looking for your team is Brian Statham.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I am an atheist; and I find this thread offensive.

But still....

The fast bowler you are looking for your team is Brian Statham.
I find your finding of this thread offensive offensive ;)

Statham a decent call though. More gentlemanly than 'in the zone', per se.

Alec Bedser, perhaps, as someone thoroughly unperturbed by anything?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't really think I have much to contribute, but I just wanted to point out that this is such a gun thread. Not often does someone bring up a general cricket topic that we haven't already discussed to death.