• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Matt Prior retires

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does that include One Day International cricket? Would be a big loss if so imo

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Saw him ton up at Lords vs. India in 2011. Was a gun knock too.

Had a very solid career.

OverratedSanity

The fact that some people even started comparing him with Gilchrist shows how good he was in that brilliant albeit short spell.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
How dare KP comment on on-water matters!

Anyway, as unfortunate as it is for Prior to be forced into this on medical grounds, it was hard to imagine him finding his way back into the Test fold. I must admit, he was often one of the guys I was worried about whenever I was supporting England's opposition -- always seemed to have a knack of digging England out of trouble. That hundred in NZ where he and Panesar hung on for the draw against a rampant Kane Williamson was brilliant.

So Kieswetter gone, now Prior. Not much behind Buttler now, is there?

Zinzan

KP weighs in

Idiot :ph34r:
Ah ffs.

The chap can't win, can he. Had he said nothing, the same haters would have criticized his not acknowledging it.

Fair play to him on that tweet, he didn't pretend they were best mates, but was gracious enough to wish him all the best regardless.

Zinzan

On Prior... fine player with an infectious attitude. I'll never forget the frustration he caused me at Eden Park, one of the great rear-guard innings. An innings that sums up the bloke.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
He was patently not fit for the last year of his career which has marred what some people think of him. Left everything on the park.

Last edited: