• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2015

Fusion

Global Moderator
Fixtures:

Thu Jun 11 - Sat Jun 13 10:00 local 04:30 GMT
Sri Lanka Cricket Board President's XI v Pakistanis
Colombo Cricket Club Ground

Wed Jun 17 - Sun Jun 21 10:00 local 04:30 GMT
1st Test - Sri Lanka v Pakistan
Galle International Stadium

Thu Jun 25 - Mon Jun 29 10:00 local 04:30 GMT
2nd Test - Sri Lanka v Pakistan
P Sara Oval, Colombo

Fri Jul 3 - Tue Jul 7 10:00 local 04:30 GMT
3rd Test - Sri Lanka v Pakistan
Pallekele International Cricket Stadium

Sat Jul 11 (50 ovs) 10:00 local 04:30 GMT
1st ODI - Sri Lanka v Pakistan (Reserve Day)
Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium

Wed Jul 15 (50 ovs) 14:30 local 09:00 GMT
2nd ODI - Sri Lanka v Pakistan (Reserve Day)
Pallekele International Cricket Stadium

Sun Jul 19 (50 ovs) 14:30 local 09:00 GMT
3rd ODI - Sri Lanka v Pakistan (Reserve Day)
R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo

Wed Jul 22 (50 ovs) 14:30 local 09:00 GMT
4th ODI - Sri Lanka v Pakistan (Reserve Day)

Sun Jul 26 (50 ovs) 14:30 local 09:00 GMT
5th ODI - Sri Lanka v Pakistan (Reserve Day)
Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium

Thu Jul 30 (20 ovs) 19:00 local 13:30 GMT
1st T20I - Sri Lanka v Pakistan

Sat Aug 1 (20 ovs) 19:00 local 13:30 GMT
2nd T20I - Sri Lanka v Pakistan

Fusion

Global Moderator
Pakistan Test Squad:

Misbah-ul-Haq (c)
Azhar Ali (vc)
Ahmed Shehzad
Asad Shafiq
Ehsan Adil
Haris Sohail
Imran Khan
Junaid Khan
Mohammad Hafeez
Sarfraz Ahmed (wk)
Shan Masood
Wahab Riaz
Yasir Shah
Younis Khan
Zulfiqar Babar

Sri Lanka Test Squad:

Angelo Mathews (c)
Lahiru Thirimanne (vc)
Dushmantha Chameera
Dinesh Chandimal (wk)
Nuwan Pradeep
Rangana Herath
Dimuth Karunaratne
Tharindu Kaushal
Suranga Lakmal
Jehan Mubarak
Dilruwan Perera
Kusal Perera
Dhammika Prasad
Kumar Sangakkara
Kaushal Silva (wk)
Kithuruwan Vithanage

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Another Sri Lanka/Pakistan series? This is becoming worse than the infamous India/Sri Lanka ODI's.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Another Sri Lanka/Pakistan series? This is becoming worse than the infamous India/Sri Lanka ODI's.
Mmmm....when was the last SL-Pak test series?

I think this one is going to be an even contest more-or-less. Pakistan has a proven middle-order when playing in the SC, and Wahab and some decent spinners; SL has Sanga, Matthews, Herath. On paper, Pakistan looks better - but SL has home advantage.

morgieb

Mmmm....when was the last SL-Pak test series?

I think this one is going to be an even contest more-or-less. Pakistan has a proven middle-order when playing in the SC, and Wahab and some decent spinners; SL has Sanga, Matthews, Herath. On paper, Pakistan looks better - but SL has home advantage.
Less than 12 months ago, was in Sri Lanka too.

OverratedSanity

Less than 12 months ago, was in Sri Lanka too.
Didn't Sri Lanka tour UAE barely 6 months before that, too?

This is really annoying. Why can't we have a schedule where everyone plays the other teams a bit more regularly? Makes the rankings disingenuous too.

morgieb

This is really annoying. Why can't we have a schedule where everyone plays the other teams a bit more regularly? Makes the rankings disingenuous too.
Sure did. 3 series with the same teams in 18 months. Jeez.

Though tbf The Ashes has had a similar gap between series. Though unlike Pakistan/Sri Lanka I actually care about The Ashes.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Also am I correct that this is Sangakkara's final Test series?
Not quite, he'll play on until August when India tour.

Yeah SL/Pak are a bit like the nerds of the school playground at the moment I think, the respective boards only seem to have each other for friends so they constantly tour each other, this one is gonna be a little interesting with the absence of Mahela for SL and Ajmal for Pakistan, but more of the same I think, Herath and Sanga to pull us home I think.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Mubarak getting picked is so awesome.
A pleasant surprise, thought his phenomenal domestic form was just gonna be ignored tbh, big series for the young batting brigade of Thirimanne, Chandiguns and Dimuth, and hopefully a breakout series for Tharindu Kaushal, would like to think we've seen the last of Dilruwan Perera at international level. Kaushal Silva has a point to prove, getting to the point where his place in the side is coming under scrutiny I feel, good to see him go big in the ongoing practice match.

Niall

International Coach
Shezhad back for Pakistan is sensible, this is his best format, drop him from the shorter formats if you want to punish him. Babar running through Lanka is surprising as I don't massively rate him, but the test will be whether he can do it against King Kumar and the rest.

I'd back Lanka, home conditions and I trust Lanka to play Shah and Babart much better than Pakistan do Herath.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
i read somewhere that Mubarak has been highly praised by Jonty Rhodes on his recent fielding assignment with SL and that as well as his domestic form has helped him get back into the team..I like the lad, I just hope he shows his potential and does well and gets a fair run tbh..

YorksLanka

International Debutant

agree, and that's down to India, Australia and England as the overseers of the game now...yes its repetitive but I prefer it to us just not playing cricket at the moment as other teams have been matched up..