• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2015

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
My links to the Wellington Sri Lankan community have given me a tip to bet on Kusal Perera for the highest score. He's booming it, apparently.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
competitive total at Dambulla, well batted Chandimal..hopefully our bowlers can get some early wickets and put pressure on the Pakistanis.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
It's time to say good bye to Malinga. Had been hot and cold for some time, and cold days becoming a plenty. The rules have changed, so it opens the door for classical fast bowlers to bowl length, at least up front, and attacking spinners to bowl in the middle. SL has few good classical pacemen as Prasad, Eranga and Lakmal. Nuwan Pradeep and Dushmantha Chameera are bit more hot and cold, but one may make the team. Given Mathews himself is a pretty useful seamer in ODIs, there is more than enough spaces for bowlers.

Batting order looks crap. Chandimal needs to bat at 4 and Tharanga at 3.

Kusal Janith, TM Dilshan, Upul Tharanga, Dinesh Chandimal, Lahiru Thirimanne, Angelo Mathews, Milinda Siriwardane, Thissara Perera, PHT Kaushal, Dhammika Prasad, Suranga Lakmal,

YorksLanka

International Debutant
actually, imo, it may be worth thirimanne taking some time out of the top flight games and getting some runs under his belt in A team games to bolster his confidence..

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Come on. Don't be a Gambhir. Shoaib Malik is a decent ODI all-rounder. He's a better ODI player than some of your players who played in WC and Bangladesh series.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Come on. Don't be a Gambhir. Shoaib Malik is a decent ODI all-rounder. He's a better ODI player than some of your players who played in WC and Bangladesh series.
Shoaib Malik is pretty ordinary. The only team he probably did well against is India.

Additionally he seemed to be playing politics all the time instead of playing cricket.

There was no point in playing him in the world cup or in bangladesh (which is why i was surprised to see him in the match against SL and as usual did **** all). I don't see him as adding value to the team in the future and so its better to give an opportunity to new players.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Scoring 55*(45) to take your side home doesn't equate to doing **** all. You seem to be hoo harsh.

I don't know about the politics part though - so won't comment on that