• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Biased are Officials in cricket

biased indian

International Coach
Irfan pathan was found guilty of clapping at damiyen martyn when he got him out even though martyn was seen acussing pathan of bad mouthing him. evne though there was any cler evidence of that from T V Replays.

When muralitharan had accused hussain of some charges last month or so the official denied the charges stating that there was no evedence in it.where did the officials now got the evidence

this forum will not be enough to write down all the double standerd that has been occuring all the while

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Clearly everyone is biased against the subcontinent despite Ehsaan Mani being from Pakistan?

Because no one from anywhere else is ever fined or banned and can do what they like, Bilal Shafayat wasn't suspened for a game for his outburst after being run out today, and Shane Warne didn't get banned.

Obviously, everyone is out to get India and Pakistan and Sri Lanka and India would have won the World Cup, Tests and VB Series if it wasn't for biased officials.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
IMO the days of racial bias against subcontinental players are long gone.
The problem now is the perception that "mental disintegration" and Australia go hand-in-hand, and for anyone else, it's disgraceful and a report-worthy offence.

PY

International Coach
Question : How Biased are Officials in cricket?

Answer : They aren't.

biased indian

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Clearly everyone is biased against the subcontinent despite Ehsaan Mani being from Pakistan?

Because no one from anywhere else is ever fined or banned and can do what they like, Bilal Shafayat wasn't suspened for a game for his outburst after being run out today, and Shane Warne didn't get banned.

Obviously, everyone is out to get India and Pakistan and Sri Lanka and India would have won the World Cup, Tests and VB Series if it wasn't for biased officials.
there goes the same old trick if we say some thing its because we have lost the series

what about muralis case sril anka won the series.
what about slater incident india won the series.
if dravid was cautioned artherton was not
if sehwag was banned pollock was not.
if tendulkar was fined macmillan was not.
hayden can do what ever he want .he can hit the bowler with bat ho he didnt see him there but we cannot clap a wicket afetr 35 overs.of not so good bowling.
why in every sports they get banned for 4 years or for life why was warne left with only 1 year.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
koch_cha said:
there goes the same old trick if we say some thing its because we have lost the series

what about muralis case sril anka won the series.
what about slater incident india won the series.
if dravid was cautioned artherton was not
if sehwag was banned pollock was not.
if tendulkar was fined macmillan was not.
hayden can do what ever he want .he can hit the bowler with bat ho he didnt see him there but we cannot clap a wicket afetr 35 overs.of not so good bowling.
why in every sports they get banned for 4 years or for life why was warne left with only 1 year.
Don't you think your looking at it from a bias point of view? Plenty of umpiring and match referee decisions have gone against ALL players from ALL countries, not just the sub continent....

This kind of "discussion" only comes up when there is a close Test or one day series......if India or Australia had won it fair and square ie 4-0 2-1 or something, no one would be talking about the so called "biased" umpiring!

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think you will find that 99% of decisions made are completely unbiased...

However I dont you think you can simply say everything is fine and dandy, becuase i think it is impossible for so many different nationalities to mix in a worldwide game without a tinge of bias... It must happen sometimes..

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Kocha - I dont think there is any particular bias against sub-continent players. There might be some inconsistencies in taking decisions but Bias - NO. Subcontinent is well represented in ICC and I am sure if these people notice any bias against their own countries, they will raise a voice against it.

As far as banning the players is concerned, ICC didn't take the decision, it was implemented by respective boards.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Also, a point to consider is the fact that the disciplinary code has significantly changed in recent times, in many cases SINCE the incidents you're complaining about.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If anything it's now too strict.
The worst part is the rubbish about "not looking at the Umpire" when a clear nick has been made.
It's the batsman who should be punished, not the bowler!
Lbws is fine but caught-behinds, especially when there's a deviation, is quite ridiculous. You don't look at the Umpire when someone smacks it back to you, do you? Or even when you claim a low catch.

biased indian

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
And Darren Lehmann never got censored at all...

Where have those grapes gone?

Just wait for mcGrath to return though it looks like he may never!!!

He will give u one reason for this post every match.

he can call anything he want every one including the umpires and i don't remember he getting fined at the least.

if there is any provision for this just go through the persons fined or banned by iCC not by their on board.and u will find out for u r selves

biased indian

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
I think you will find that 99% of decisions made are completely unbiased...

However I dont you think you can simply say everything is fine and dandy, becuase i think it is impossible for so many different nationalities to mix in a worldwide game without a tinge of bias... It must happen sometimes..
i said ICC is biased not certain individuals in ICC

raju

School Boy/Girl Captain
koch_cha said:

he can call anything he want every one including the umpires and i don't remember he getting fined at the least.

if there is any provision for this just go through the persons fined or banned by iCC not by their on board.and u will find out for u r selves
Very good point my friend. And this is from one of McGrath's largest supporters. He seems to get away with cursing anyone & anything...while others are getting repremanded at the drop of a hat.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
koch_cha said:

Erm no, McGrath has never come even close to the obsenity that got Lehmann in trouble.

Craig

World Traveller
koch_cha said:
Actually the max banning is 2 years if you are talking about in relation to drugs.