Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: DoG's Test Innings and Bowling Performances. Updates thread.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    seems like theres a NZ conspiracy in play here
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...cricket-legacy

Brad McNamara ‏@bbuzzmc
    Will say this once and then nothing else. Defamation laws quite clear in Aus.be careful.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Technically his century in SA against Steyn-in-the-form-of-his-life was his best, I agree. But that mightn't tick all the boxes for DoG's analysis.

I guess Sachin's match-winning double century against Australia might be the highest-rated Tendulkar inning as per DoG, because that ticks almost all of his boxes.
    Did you know Sachin only averages 42.7 in the second innings? Why do you think he was so much more average under pressure? Was he just a first innings flat track bully? I mean he did average 60 in the first innings? Was he a choker? Start off well and fail more often when it mattered more dearly on a more difficult pitch? Why does VVS Laxman have a higher second innings average of 48.88 than Tendulkars?

And the international hundreds thing - you know that they're different games right? With different rules? Lote Tuquri is not better than Jonah Lomu because he played both versions of rugby is he?
    Last edited by CaptainGrumpy; 05-06-2015 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGrumpy View Post
    Did you know Sachin only averages 42.7 in the second innings? Why do you think he was so average under pressure?

And the international hundreds thing - you know that they're different games right? With different rules? Lote Tuquri is not better than Jonah Lomu because he played both versions of rugby is he?
    why would that person know something that is totally incorrect

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    why would that person know something that is totally incorrect
    ODI cricket is the same as test cricket?

I never knew.

I stand corrected.

ODI cricket is the same game/sport as test cricket, yes. They are played under the same sporting body, for example.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    ODI cricket is the same game/sport as test cricket, yes. They are played under the same sporting body, for example.
    So is rugby 7's and rugby union. Totally different games.

ODI cricket is not the same game as test cricket.

It has different rules.

Limited overs, minimum 5 bowlers and fielding restrictions the most obvious.

Geoffrey Boycott is not going to make an all time England XI for ODI cricket, is he?

See if you had said format instead of game you would have been off scot free, but alas you are in the wrong. thank you good night.
    marc71178, zorax, Shri and 1 others like this.

Did you know Sachin only averages 42.7 in the second innings? Why do you think he was so much more average under pressure? Was he just a first innings flat track bully? I mean he did average 60 in the first innings? Was he a choker? Start off well and fail more often when it mattered more dearly on a more difficult pitch? Why does VVS Laxman have a higher second innings average of 48.88 than Tendulkars?

1. Did you just randomly press that 'Reply with Quote' button and randomly wrote whatever was on your mind?
    2. Who is this 'loote jawa torkari' btw?
    3. How old are you?
    "Cricket is an art. Like all arts it has a technical foundation. To enjoy it does not require technical knowledge, but analysis that is not technically based is mere impressionism."
    - C.L.R. James

Banned
    1. Did you just randomly press that 'Reply with Quote' button and randomly wrote whatever was on your mind?
    2. Who is this 'loote jawa torkari' btw?
    3. How old are you?
    Do not answer a question with a question.

But to be fair and for clarifcation - Lote Tuquri is a famous rugby player of both rugby and rugby league. The differing sporting bodies has been distinguished by Spikey who has run into a hole with rugby 7's and rugby union normal.

Then the question could be a player of 7's and union normal is not better than a player rugby union normal at rugby union normal because he has played both versions well. Such as Victor Vito is not better than Jerome Kaino because he played both 7's and union is he?
    Last edited by CaptainGrumpy; 05-06-2015 at 08:04 AM.

Do not reply to a post with a completely unrelated question. First know what that 'Reply with Quote' button is for.

Banned
    Do not reply to a post with a completely unrelated question. First know what that 'Reply with Quote' button is for.
    You were talking Tendulkar. You seem to be a Tendulkar expert.I want to talk Tendulkar with you and for you to enlighten me about all that is Sachin.

But to be fair and for clarifcation - Lote Tuquri is a famous rugby player of both rugby and rugby league. The differing sporting bodies has been distinguished by Spikey who has run into a whole with rugby 7's and rugby union normal.

Then the question could be a player of 7's and union normal is not better than a player rugby union normal at rugby union normal because he has played both versions well. Such as Victor Vito is not better than Jerome Kaino because he played both 7's and union is he?
    Good to know that our own Spikey is such an important person

I can remember only 1 Vito - Vito Corleone; and 2 Jeromes - Jerome K. Jerome and Jerome Taylor

Banned
    Good to know that our own Spikey is such an important person

I can remember only 1 Vito - Vito Corleone; and 2 Jeromes - Jerome K. Jerome and Jerome Taylor
    You are being distracted with the rugby question.

I don't mind if you just answer my questions about Sachin.

1 Did you know Sachin only averages 42.7 in the second innings?
    2 Why do you think he was so much more average under pressure?
    3 Was he just a first innings flat track bully? (I mean he did average 60 in the first innings as against 42.7 in the second)
    4 Was he a choker? (Start off well and fail more often than when it mattered more dearly on a more difficult pitch)
    5 Why does VVS Laxman have a higher second innings average of 48.88 than Tendulkars?

How about we not answer those and take this Tendulkar discussion to one of the other four thousand threads on the subject? Thanks.
    zorax and Shri like this.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    How about we not answer those and take this Tendulkar discussion to one of the other four thousand threads on the subject? Thanks.
    You're no fun. They must have used 5 bowlers in the second innings to him and only four in the first eh.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information