• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DoG's Test Innings and Bowling Performances. Updates thread.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cheers, lower than I thought since the conditions were so hard for batting. That said, fairly ordinary Indian bowling attack.

OverratedSanity

Nice. Must be one of the higher rated innings<100. Any way to find which sub 100 innings is numero uno ?

Btw, why do you have the (X runs/100) modifier for those innings? The base score already includes runs scored anyway, doesn't it? So why include number of runs scored as a parameter again? I sort of liked that there were several 50-99 scores in the top 100 before. :p

Days of Grace

International Captain
Nice. Must be one of the higher rated innings<100. Any way to find which sub 100 innings is numero uno ?

Btw, why do you have the (X runs/100) modifier for those innings? The base score already includes runs scored anyway, doesn't it? So why include number of runs scored as a parameter again? I sort of liked that there were several 50-99 scores in the top 100 before. :p

Because innings like Kallis' 60-odd in 1998 against Australia would be rated too high.

There would be a lot of lower scores in low team totals in lost causes with higher ratings than larger scores that had a lot more influence on the match.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Can we potentially reduce the weightage though? I mean if an innings of less than 100 stands out, it must mostly mean a very very difficult track + attack right?

Days of Grace

International Captain
Can we potentially reduce the weightage though? I mean if an innings of less than 100 stands out, it must mostly mean a very very difficult track + attack right?
I will give you a specific example:

Kallis' 65* out of a team total of 128 chasing 350+ in the 4th inns against Australia in 2001.

That innings has an unadjusted rating of 12.48. Is there anyone who thinks that innings deserves to rated above countless other centuries that contributed to wins/herioc draws?

No. Thus I came up with the idea of multiplying innings under 100 by (score/100).

And believe me, I have tried a lot of other methods :-)

For bowlers, it's the same: (under 5 wkts/5)

Burgey

How about my all round performance against a strong St Bernadette's side in under 10s in 1979/80 at Pitt Park, Merrylands, a noted difficult concrete pitch? 111* coming in at 1/4 out of a total of 3/240, then 8/13 opening he bowling? Gotta be up there.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
How about my all round performance against a strong St Bernadette's side in under 10s in 1979/80 at Pitt Park, Merrylands, a noted difficult concrete pitch? 111* coming in at 1/4 out of a total of 3/240, then 8/13 opening he bowling? Gotta be up there.
Compo ball or not?