Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: *Official* India in Bangladesh 2015

Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Harby bowled rubbish vs England on a Mumbai pitch where Suresh Raina could've spun it square.
    Because you know, Ashwin bowled sooooooo much better in that same test right? <_<

That mumbai pitch was different in the sense that it aided bowlers who spin it with a bit of pace, hence panesar taking 10+ wickets in the match.

The bowling of this Bangladesh side looks so pedestrian on paper.
    "Cricket is an art. Like all arts it has a technical foundation. To enjoy it does not require technical knowledge, but analysis that is not technically based is mere impressionism."
    - C.L.R. James

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    Because you know, Ashwin bowled sooooooo much better in that same test right? <_<

That mumbai pitch was different in the sense that it aided bowlers who spin it with a bit of pace, hence panesar taking 10+ wickets in the match.
    When did I say Ashwin did well. Has nothing to do with Bhajji being rubbish.
    Shri likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

When did I say Ashwin did well. Has nothing to do with Bhajji being rubbish.
    Because maybe it was more than him simply being rubbish, the pitch, the batsmen (one who played a ridiculous innings), the handling of the bowlers (Bhajji getting half the overs due to India having picked a surplus spinner) could have also had something to do with it.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Harbhajan never declined rapidly, it just got to a point where it felt like there was no point keeping a spinner who just wasn't improving or showing results, even though occassionally doing a job. His doosra had gone out of the game, he was bowling flat and useless topspinners, beating nobody in the air or off the pitch and it was just not enough. Completely justifiable to drop him back then.

Since then it's really hard to judge whether he's bowling well enough for a comeback. He's only played 3 games this season and while on paper he did pretty well in the season before that, you just don't know how well he's bowled unless you've watched him closely, which I freely admit I haven't. The pitches have largely just taken spinners out of the game barring a couple of minefields and so just the numbers are extremely misleading. Watching the IPL isn't enough. Hopefully the selectors have done their homework.
    Contra, zorax and G.I.Joe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Harbhajan never declined rapidly, it just got to a point where it felt like there was no point keeping a spinner who just wasn't improving or showing results, even though occassionally doing a job. His doosra had gone out of the game, he was bowling flat and useless topspinners, beating nobody in the air or off the pitch and it was just not enough. Completely justifiable to drop him back then.

Since then it's really hard to judge whether he's bowling well enough for a comeback. He's only played 3 games this season and while on paper he did pretty well in the season before that, you just don't know how well he's bowled unless you've watched him closely, which I freely admit I haven't. The pitches have largely just taken spinners out of the game barring a couple of minefields and so just the numbers are extremely misleading. Watching the IPL isn't enough. Hopefully the selectors have done their homework.
    Yeah this sums it up well, I never said Harby didn't deserve to be dropped, just that he wasn't totally crap at the time at which he was dropped. And to add to what you just said, it's not like Ashwin has completely dominated as a spinner during that time period, so I don't see him as untouchable, although I'd have him in the team as an AR in any case but that's a separate argument. With Ojha's action remodeled, Mishra and Chawla too hit or miss, Karn Sharma not exactly test material just yet and Jadeja not being a frontline spinner, its not as if India have top notch spinners lined up where we can't go back to Harby.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    Yeah this sums it up well, I never said Harby didn't deserve to be dropped, just that he wasn't totally crap at the time at which he was dropped.
    His mother would offer you chai and samosas for that defense of her son but please know that you are wrong.

And to add to what you just said, it's not like Ashwin has completely dominated as a spinner during that time period, so I don't see him as untouchable
    R Ashwin the fastest to 100 Test wickets in over 80 years | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

So, yeah, wrong again. If he had only played home tests, he would be treated like Samaraweera now and be over rated now which would be nice but he at least won't be criminally under rated like he is now. And I know no one likes being told they are wrong but you are so wrong.
    Last edited by Shri; 04-06-2015 at 07:28 AM.
    I am proud of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    I can sort of see why some people think bhajji is a good choice for the upcoming few series at home even though I don't agree.

However, I think it's a bit absurd to say Harbhajan wasn't bowling utter tripe when he was dropped. He was terrible and any of you who watched those matches should know this. He was atrocious.
    Shri and zorax like this.

I can sort of see why some people think bhajji is a good choice for the upcoming few series at home even though I don't agree.

However, I think it's a bit absurd to say Harbhajan wasn't bowling utter tripe when he was dropped. He was terrible and any of you who watched those matches should know this. He was atrocious.
    Leg side filth that should absolutely disgust off spinners around the world. My captain would have knocked my teeth out multiple times in street cricket if I bowled absolute filth like that day after day.

I agree. In the last few matches Sehwag bowled better than Harbhajan.
    zorax and indiaholic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    His mother would offer you chai and samosas for that defense of her son but please know that you are wrong.

R Ashwin the fastest to 100 Test wickets in over 80 years | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

So, yeah, wrong again. If he had only played home tests, he would be treated like Samaraweera now and be over rated now which would be nice but he at least won't be criminally under rated like he is now. And I know no one likes being told they are wrong but you are so wrong.
    30 of those 100 wickets came against WI, Ashwin still hasn't done much outside the SC yet and has feasted on opposition that can't play spin on helpful wickets, that's not to discredit him of course because at the end of the day you still have to take wickets. Ashwin's a good bowler, but he's not guaranteed a place on his bowling alone. Despite being the fastest to 100 wickets he still averages 30, which isn't exactly exceptional. Anyhow you can keep thinking I'm wrong, it doesn't really bother me lol.

Ashwin averaged 52 against England at home, got completely outbowled by all 3 spinners and against batsmen who actually applied themselves.
    Last edited by Contra; 04-06-2015 at 12:06 PM.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Ashwin has improved tbf but there is a long way to go.
    zorax likes this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    30 of those 100 wickets came against WI, Ashwin still hasn't done much outside the SC yet and has feasted on opposition that can't play spin on helpful wickets, that's not to discredit him of course because at the end of the day you still have to take wickets. Ashwin's a good bowler, but he's not guaranteed a place on his bowling alone. Despite being the fastest to 100 wickets he still averages 30, which isn't exactly exceptional. Anyhow you can keep thinking I'm wrong, it doesn't really bother me lol.

Ashwin averaged 52 against England at home, got completely outbowled by all 3 spinners and against batsmen who actually applied themselves.

Bhajji got owned even worse everytime a decent oppostion showed up, even at home...
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Yeah, no. He had some technical flaws when playing against England which he actually fixed after the series and hasn't repeated since. Bhajji is a prick who can do no wrong in his head and has fixed none of his mistakes in his career. The original pie chucker. Leg side pie chucker.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    Wait, what are we debating - if Bhajji sucked around the time of his dropping, or if Ashwin in his recent slump was as bad as Bhajji?

In the first case, it's quite clearly yes. Everyone who saw him bowl knew he wasn't Test standard anymore.

For the second debate, I can't say, because their issues are different. Ashwin wasn't bowling filth, but wasn't bowling to any real sort of plan. He was lost. He got a lot better in the Aus and NZ tours tho.

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information