• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Bangladesh 2015

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
WE play with the SG Pratters... Bhajji ain't no good with the duke either. To be honest, he can be good but he is too afraid to be that kind of a bowler. This is something that has not happened over his 17 year long international career, I doubt if it would happen at this stage.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Bhajji is more comfortable with SG than duke I would say. Any ways, it was disappointing to see Harbhajan bowl flat ones in this test, I must say. We will need to get our second and possibly our third spinner right for the tests at home, or we won't win them really. Whether it's Harbhajan or some one else, let us see. If the fast bowlers showed any thing in this test, it's that they haven't developed much and are just banging the balls on the pitch most of the time. That won't cut it with better batsmen.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
What's the take on Saha? I quite liked the three wickets in which he was a part of which I saw. The two clean stumpings and the clean run out. It does feel very comfortable to have a safe pair of hands behind the wickets.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Saha is really good. I just hope he can live upto his potential as a batsman too at this level... I would ideally like to see a side like this against SL or RSA...

Dhawan
Vijay
Rahul
Kohli
Rahane
Saha
Jadeja
Ashwin
Mishra
Bhuvi
Ishant

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Saha is really good. I just hope he can live upto his potential as a batsman too at this level... I would ideally like to see a side like this against SL or RSA...

Dhawan
Vijay
Rahul
Kohli
Rahane
Saha
Jadeja
Ashwin
Mishra
Bhuvi
Ishant
Jadeja in the Test team - why?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Regarding Harbhajan - if he loops it up a bit, he can still get that extra bite, which can lead to a lot of wickets. So, no, I won't give up on him yet. Play him in a test in India with the duke ball which is primarily his strength and he and Ashwin will be deadly together. Don't play him abroad as he has never really been good with the kookaburra.
Lol

Daemon

just found it amusing that you have such strong opinions based on incorrect facts

actually i'm just annoyed you still believe in harbhajan which is why i'm being so condescending

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The name is not important. He is good with the 'balls used in India' doesn't change the point. I think we did use duke before in India.

When playing a test in India who else is there though .. Mishra yes, I am a fan too but most of the others are too green.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ya I'd pick Harbhajan ahead of Jadeja to start with - give him 2 matches, and if he fails then turn back to Jadeja. Jadeja isn't going to be 40 years old within the next 3 months. And he's not hugely talented with the red ball anyways.

Daemon

i really, really don't think him bowling flat has got anything to do with the balls being used

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
i really, really don't think him bowling flat has got anything to do with the balls being used
Bowling flat has got to do with the insecurity. Someone needs to give him the comfort. At the moment he's just too scared to concede runs.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
So you are suggesting he has been insecure for like 80% of his career games?
Before that, answer one question from me. Ganguly was the test captain till 2005. Till 2005, Harbhajan got 219 wickets @ 27.9. And from 2006 onwards, he got 197 wickets @ 37.3.

What, according to you, is the primary reason for this vast difference in performance? Why did he become a bad bowler compared to the world-class operator that he was before?

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am sure I can dig deeper into those stats to show you how bad he was in certain series and how a few series here and there when he went into God mode helped him out that way... It has nothing to do with Ganguly... He was always very very good when he had the courage to throw the ball up.. He tended to do that whenever he got an early wicket or two, which most times were off his doosra or top spinner or the darted ones... Once he had an early wicket, he was an amazing frontrunner. As his career progressed, more and more batsmen simply worked him out by standing on off stump and playing him on the on side all the time given that he never gave the ball enough air. He stopped being able to get someone out early in his spell and consequently his numbers suffered.