• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

pick a team

Gob

International Coach
just make up your own criteria and pick the xi.all time test xi,all time follicly challenged xi,all time chubby cricketers xi you name it.

i'll start off with the world under 30 xi

Warner
Root
Williamson
Kohli
Smith *
Mathews
Walting +
Broad
Southee
Boult
Lyon

Victor Ian

International Coach
All time world copycat team

Warner
Root
Williamson
Kohli
Smith *
Mathews
Walting +
Broad
Southee
Boult
Lyon

Gob

International Coach
famous/Awful beards/mustaches

Gooch
Graham-Gooch-moustache.jpg

Grace*
W._G._Grace,_cricketer,_by_Herbert_Rose_Barraud.jpg

Boon
310_296_Boon.jpg

Ponting
_58600362_beard_getty.jpg

Amla
hashim-Amla1.jpg

Yousuf
462754-MohammadYousuf-1352390251-325-640x480.jpg

Moeen
Moeen+Ali+West+Indies+v+England+dmsM2BvGuWVl.jpg

Marsh +
rod-marsh.jpg

Johnson
846109-142afba8-7cfc-11e3-89a5-f01a1cd39a6c.jpg

Lillee
dennis-lillee.jpg

Merv
HUGHES_Mervb_1992_GH_L.jpg

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Hi Gob, can I interrupt your conversation with yourself? Those beards are not awful and I think Saeed Anwar can compete for a place in that side.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
All 1980s ODI team

Greenidge
Haynes
Dean Jones
Martin Crowe
Viv Richards
Imran
Hadlee
Dujon
Marshall
Reid
Garner

Gob

International Coach
Hi Gob, can I interrupt your conversation with yourself? Those beards are not awful and I think Saeed Anwar can compete for a place in that side.
Pootang's was. yeah thought about saeed but he only grew it towards the very end of his career. don't remember that being much talked about

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
All Time Black Caps Heavy Hitters XI

1. McCullum
2. Ryder
3. McMillan
4. Taylor
5. Anderson
6. Cairns
7. Oram
8. Franklin
9. Mills
10. Southee
11. Henry

watson

Banned
At last! An XI that Bradman would be no good to
Here is a 5 minute section of Jack Egan's famous interview with Don Bradman made for the Bradman Foundation made in 1991 (?). At the 4 min 30 sec mark there is excellent footage of Bradman hitting Fleetwood-Smith for 5 sixes in a 1934 Shield Game.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
And at the beginning of this video we see Bradman deliberately holing-out to Fleetwood-Smith as he tries to clear long-on, long-off one to many times. Great stuff!

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
All time **** XI

G Boycott
S Gavaskar
D Bradman
K Pietersen (c)
WG Grace
C Cairns
A Wicketkeeper (BJ aside, they're all ****s so take your pick)
S Warne
C Croft
R Gilchrist
S Akhtar

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
A non-English XI of players who got on my wick when I was listening to the radio during school lessons.

1. Gavaskar
2. Stackpole
3. Richards
4. Zaheer Abbas
5. Congdon
6. Chappell (I)
7. Engineer
8. Walker
9. Sarfraz
10.Holding
11.Chandra

Gob

International Coach
cos you don't have to pick atg teams. pick a side with marvel comics characters if you like i don't care
in fact i'm going to do this myself and i would add DC as well

Thor-his mighty strength and fearless attitude would make him a devastating opener who would always try to attack. his god like presence will also be pretty intimidating at the top.would not rate any bowler since they aren't worthy of his respect

The Hulk-Would smash the ball harder and longer than anyone but his lack of cricketing brain would mean he won't be able to assess the situation (bit like an intelligent version of Afridi)

Superman -The ultimate player.His lightning fast reflections would make him the best batsman in the team while allowing his super strength to ball faster than the speed of sound. Would field at short cover

Ironman-Arrogant and skillful.Would workout the situation perfectly with the aid of jarvis

Batman -No super powers and would get over shadowed by some of his flashier friends but would get the job done in the middle overs

Captain America*-great leader of men and a tactician.would play the role of the finisher

Spiderman+-Your friendly neighborhood wicket keeper.His quick reflections and agility would make him the ideal choice while his spider scenes would mean he would know when and when not the batsman would leave his crease. not allowed to shoot web

Hawkeye- Would be good at working the batsman out while his McGrath like accuracy would make him difficult to get away

Flash-Would share the new ball with the super man and field at extra cover.

Quicksilver -Would come in as first change and bowl fast

Gambit-only spinner in the side. would get insane amount of drift due to the insane amount of revs that he would put on the ball

coach-professor X

Ground staff-Storm

all the players would go through a 2 week training camp to be introduced to the game at the justice league satellite

Last edited:

Victor Ian

International Coach
You beat me to it. I'd probably add the Invisible Man as 12th man. He could come on to the field and create all sorts of problems with batsmen lofting the ball to spaces that aren't at all empty. He would create all sorts of problems deciding if the quick single is there or not.

I considered Green Lantern but he'd be useless against the Aussies in ODI's with their yellow pyjamas.

Gob

International Coach
You beat me to it. I'd probably add the Invisible Man as 12th man. He could come on to the field and create all sorts of problems with batsmen lofting the ball to spaces that aren't at all empty. He would create all sorts of problems deciding if the quick single is there or not.

I considered Green Lantern but he'd be useless against the Aussies in ODI's with their yellow pyjamas.
Do a villian's xi then