• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PAKISTAN v AUSTRALIA (Early Score)

Kimbo

International Debutant
Well, even though Pakistan tried as hard as they could to lose, they won. Well done Younis Khan, top innings.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think I have seen Brett Lee bowl wides as badly as he did last night. I think he is now being confused by Ponting who is asking him to control his speed & concentrate on line.

Why don't they just let Lee rip in and bowl like he normally, because there was no question last night they he was desperate to bowl fast because of Ahktar.

Rich2001

International Captain
I agree, if you have a talent like Lee's and you are one of only two people in he world who can bowl top 90's then do so. Who cares where the ball lands, the batsman will always have at the back of his mind that one ball could slip out and come towards his head at 99mph :undecided:, it's the psyological effect it has on batsmen knowing that he will be bowling that fast at him, thats half the battle won, before he has even bolwed a ball.

Rich2001

International Captain
I've just checked the scorecard for the game again and even with the 6 wides and what ever was scored of the extra deliveries he still bowled econmically (10-0-44-2) in the context of a 50 over match that's impressive.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
his first 4 overs were quite bad, but credit must go to Lee for coming back and conceding I think about 20 or so runs off his other 6 overs including 2 wickets.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Yeah, he was economical!

Bull!

If you have alook at the context of the game then he wasn't!

He bowled 10-0-2-44 (4.4 an over)
Pakistan Innings 48-0-8-180 (Less than 4 an over)

Honestly I don't know how BRETT LEE gets a game.