• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No Dodgy action!!

The first real express fast bowler with a perfectly smooth and legal action will be seen in action and will be representing India.Yes i'm talking about Munaf Patel, the guy is lightening fast, played a match and gave Steven Waugh a real tough time and is said to be better than the likes of Lee and Akhter.

Can Munaf derail Lee and Akhter? this was the news in Times of India recently, and i voted yes to it. Moreso unlike the above two mentioned clowns, Munaf doesn't need to go to the University of western Australia (probably a dodgy university itself) to get certificate of suffering from so called hyperextension of elbow joint!

Andre

International Regular
ajaagarkarajaaja, while Patel looks an exciting prospect, there is no need to call all other fast bowlers chuckers.

shankar

International Debutant
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
The first real express fast bowler with a perfectly smooth and legal action will be seen in action and will be representing India.Yes i'm talking about Munaf Patel, the guy is lightening fast, played a match and gave Steven Waugh a real tough time and is said to be better than the likes of Lee and Akhter.

Can Munaf derail Lee and Akhter? this was the news in Times of India recently, and i voted yes to it. Moreso unlike the above two mentioned clowns, Munaf doesn't need to go to the University of western Australia (probably a dodgy university itself) to get certificate of suffering from so called hyperextension of elbow joint!
Dont over-hype him.The media has already done enough of that. before he'd played even a single first-class match .There is going to enormous pressure on him when he makes his debut which cant be good.

S.waugh didnt play him in a match.He faced him in a MRF academy camp.He didnt trouble him . He was bowling at a good pace and S.waugh inquired abt. him.That's all.

When he did play against the touring kiwis,he wasnt as fast as he was hyped to be.Although he looked sharp and got fleming and astle's wickets in both the innings.

Don Ricardo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Why is it that every time a young indian bowler emerges who can land the ball somewhere near the pitch he is hyped up as the next superstar?

twctopcat

International Regular
Coz that is what they are lacking so much, despite the efforts off aa and khan, on the outset good bowlers would complete the team. Was the scenario for the 2nd vb final and the wc final, they shouldnt have let the aussies make such a total thru poor bowling and fielding. Decent bowlers wouldnt have allowed this, and a more manageable total would have been reached by the indian batsmen IMO.

ajaagarkarajaaja said:
Munaf doesn't need to go to the University of western Australia (probably a dodgy university itself)
You're a ***** of an idiot, and if you are half as ignorant as I think you are you're a disgrace. There's no need to go off at UWA when you obviously know nothing about it and you make completely unfounded assumptions. Nobody will take your posts seriously when you throw in such irrelevant garbage.

FRAZ

International Captain
Re: Re: No Dodgy action!!

furious_ged said:
You're a ***** of an idiot, and if you are half as ignorant as I think you are you're a disgrace. There's no need to go off at UWA when you obviously know nothing about it and you make completely unfounded assumptions. Nobody will take your posts seriously when you throw in such irrelevant garbage.
Furious "hi" , You are great .......

V Reddy

International Debutant
ajaagarkarajaaja said:

You are trying your best mate to make FRAZ's point on Indian's correct :rolleyes: :yawn:

I have seen him bowl in that match against NZ and he is nowhere as quick as you make him ought to be.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year

furious_ged said:
Amen...

UWA is a bloody good uni (I would know, I have been there before) better than any place you have probably been to.

Do some research before you **** on like an idiot...

PY

International Coach

furious_ged said:
You're a ***** of an idiot, and if you are half as ignorant as I think you are you're a disgrace.
Must it be quite so personal?

It was an off-the-cuff remark. Just bite your hands before you get angry please. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Andre said:
ajaagarkarajaaja, while Patel looks an exciting prospect, there is no need to call all other fast bowlers chuckers.
It's not an unusual thing.
Often, to give someone who is attempting to be hyped-up an extra bit of hype, the bit about "the fastest one with a legal action in The World" is thrown in.
I've seen it done with Harmison and Bond.
Usually the result of blinkered nationalism.
It's a totally irrelevant straw-clutch and fortunately those who know better (like learned physicians at the UWA, which, in case of misunderstanding, is one of the most senior Universities of physics in The World - so if that's dodgy, what are all the others?) have decreed the like of Shoaib's actions legal.

Muddaser

School Boy/Girl Captain
well we dont hype our bowlers, just wait for mohammed irshad and you'll see what i mean. this guy is quick and thats a promise to everyone.

by the way irshad played in the kenstar tournament and even the indian press admitted he was the quickest bowler on display. this also includes the likes of munaf who barely clocked 140kph.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
As great as real fast bowlers are to watch, they are nothing without accuracy. I'd rather get excited over a medium-fast who's taking truckloads of wickets than some express youngster who sprays it all over the show *coughbutlercough*

Salamuddin

International Debutant
ajaagarkarajaaja said:

You don't have to denigrate the University of Western Australia.
The people who cleared Akthar and worked with Lee actually know a lot more about biomechanics than you do, so maybe some respect might be in order.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Don Ricardo said:
Why is it that every time a young indian bowler emerges who can land the ball somewhere near the pitch he is hyped up as the next superstar?
Is that so ?

Well it seems that the Indians are not the only ones doing the hyping about a pace prospect -- what about the hype surrounding Shaun Tait ? Mohammad Irshad ? Ian Butler ?
Even Brett Lee despite the fact that Brett has been fairly disppointing at test level.

Plenty of hype around Harmison and Jones when they first appeared.
All countries do it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The fact that other countries do it doesn't change the fact that India does it as well. Don't take it personally. I think that the disconcerting thing for many members on the forum is due the hype surrounding one Lakshmipathy Balaji.

masterblaster

International Captain
Yeah, quit hyping, they generally fall flat on their face. Good luck to Munaf though, he looks like one hell of a talent. Although I do rate Aavishkar Salvi better.

Hey L Balaji did do very well here in Australia, taking 13-14 wickets in the VB Series at a good RPO and a very impressive average. He's a hard working cricketer, and has impressed me slightly while ive watched him.