• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non Anglo Saxon Players in Australian cricket

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Some names who have made it big either in first grade, state level or national youth level:

1) Ahilen Beadle -- of Sri Lankan. One of the top batsmen in the Aussie u-19's currently in Bangladesh.
2) Darren Wates of WA Warriors -- A lot of people may be surprised to know that he's of Indian origin -- his parents hail from Mumbai.
3) Richard Chee Quee -- what happened to this bloke ? He's still playing in Sydney first grade but doesn't seem to get the break at state level.

Anytone else at grade level or state youth level to lookout for ?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Brendan Nash of Queensland has West Indian heritage and was asked by the West Indies to return to the Islands to press for national selection, but he knocked it back. I think he's family came here when he was really young.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Gillespie is Aborigional

chee quee was dropped and hasn't really scored the runs to warrant re selection, and hes quite old these daya

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
age_master said:
Gillespie is Aborigional
No he is not. One of his distant relatives (either grandfather or great grand father was) I think he is 1/8 at best. Apparently he is more Greek than aboriginal

Linda

International Vice-Captain
mavric41 said:
No he is not. One of his distant relatives (either grandfather or great grand father was) I think he is 1/8 at best. Apparently he is more Greek than aboriginal
I saw on some interveiw or something he said he was 1/2 aboriginal, half greek.. or something. Quite a combination!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Linda said:
I saw on some interveiw or something he said he was 1/2 aboriginal, half greek.. or something. Quite a combination!

yeah i thought it was something more like that

iamdavid

International Debutant
Apparently a bit of Itallian in him to .... quite a mixture :lol:

He's got quite a bit of aboriginal in him I think as he does the add for ATSIC which they show at all ATSIC XI games & a couple of times during the VB series.