• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England A lose again

chris.hinton

International Captain
Surely this is the worst England A side ever... and we had a long history of good A sides, we lost to a Average India A and to a village side twice.

This shows that English cricket is still poor

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Suggest you pay some attention to the world outside England before labelling the Karnataka State (I thought that was a giveaway myself) Cricket Association a Village Side. It's hardly an "average" India A side either.

India is a very difficult place to go, all the players are young, and the latter performances have all been major improvements on the previous games.

Langeveldt

Soutie
chris.hinton said:
Surely this is the worst England A side ever... and we had a long history of good A sides, we lost to a Average India A and to a village side twice.

I think that the "village side" is a state that is bigger than the UK...

It doesnt show that English cricket is still poor, but it gives rather a good indication as to who may be propping up the ICC test championship in a few years time... Can someone show me where the talent coming through is? because I dont see much here...

raju

School Boy/Girl Captain
chris.hinton said:

Not really the England A side except in name though. The academy plus a few nearly men like Ed Smith, who they probably want to keep active when the inevitable injuries happen.
Besides the results are pretty irrelevant in these games...IMO its more of an exercise in who may be able to cut it at test level in the future. If most are weeded out and we are left with a few high level test players then its a worthwhile project.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
chris.hinton said:

The India A side England A played is a fairly good one.
Not a side to be scoffed at by any means.

Ditto with Karnataka, one of the stronger first class sides in India.

England A have just stared their tour -- it will take a little while to acclimatise. I think you'll have a good idea of the talent in the England A side when they play the 4 day Duleep trophy matches.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
How many of the India A have represented the full side out of interest?
1. Dinesh Mongia 2. Ajay Ratra 3. Sairaj Bahutule 4. Gautam Gambhir 5. Sridharan Sriram 6. Jai Prakash Yadav

twctopcat

International Regular
Neil Pickup said:
Too many public schoolboys, most likely ;)
Couldn't agree more, expect many of them think the senior squad will be an eventual formality, especially players like Pietersen, with all this media interest. It's a good thing we've got someone hard like Marsh to come down on them(even though he is an aussie:P )., just hope it works.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
Too many public schoolboys, most likely ;)

Boys coming from the establishments with the best facilities/grounds/sports time allocation etc? Surely picking these guys would only be sensible.... :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Guys who've never had to fight for anything in their lives and suddenly find out there's no Mr K.J.F.L.R.N.Woodward-Jones-Smythe to run to when the going gets tough you mean?

(By 'eck, someone else in Exeter who ain't ex-public school..)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
Guys who've never had to fight for anything in their lives and suddenly find out there's no Mr K.J.F.L.R.N.Woodward-Jones-Smythe to run to when the going gets tough you mean?

Well my house master is called Jason... :)

twctopcat

International Regular
Neil Pickup said:
(By 'eck, someone else in Exeter who ain't ex-public school..)
No chance,never thought for a second u were one of those pink shirted sloan boys for a second either!:)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:
As usual I am outnumbered...
Yup, now geroff wi' yer back ter France wi' the rest of them muppets wi' that daft surname before we stick a bottle in yer eyes.

8D

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
Yup, now geroff wi' yer back ter France wi' the rest of them muppets wi' that daft surname before we stick a bottle in yer eyes.

8D

**Runs off crying to RJCTWMCDTLMRVNA Albert-Quimby-MacDuff-Snedden-Smythe the Fifth**

twctopcat

International Regular
Neil Pickup said:

8D
Terrible grammar, from you of all people......:rolleyes: