• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Best Death Bowler

FRAZ

International Captain
:lol: Are we discussing "death Bowler" or dead bowlers or bowlers who have'nt born yet ???????

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FRAZ said:
:lol: Are we discussing "death Bowler" or dead bowlers or bowlers who have'nt born yet ???????
Well bowlers who are yet to play a competitive match are being rated in here, so I assume it's the latter.

I predict that there will be a bowler who isn't even born yet that will be the best bowler at the death in 30 years time...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Lee - :lol: :lol: Lee's control's so poor most of the time he's worthless any time.

the worlds 2nd best (best to some) batting lineup in India would agree with that:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: after they wash the cherries off their helmets anyway:lol: :lol: :lol:

FRAZ

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Well bowlers who are yet to play a competitive match are being rated in here, so I assume it's the latter.

I predict that there will be a bowler who isn't even born yet that will be the best bowler at the death in 30 years time...
Waoh , and every one else in the world needs to learn too !
Great for pointing out a hell of a knowledgable practical joke ...

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
The best I have seen is Wasim Akram of about 5-6 years ago....no batsmen could contend with it.......

Deja moo

International Captain
Agarkar is a wierd sort of bowler who bowls his spells in a reverse way.

His second spell is always better than his first( when he is soundly thrashed).So he bowls the "at the death" overs within the first 10 overs of the indian fielding innings, and bowls the proper "new ball" spell in the middle-to-late overs.

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
Akram was good but with age he became a very ordinary bowler.
I dont know what you call a good bowler but till the very end i mean in the 2003 world cup he remained the leading wicket taker with Vaas until Pakistan stayed in the tournament and you must have seen him bowl he was still one of the deadliest out there. I do agree that he wasnt as quick as before but you cant call him an ordinary bowler anywhere in his whole career.

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
deeps said:
shoaib is one of those bowlers who is BRILLIANT when the conditions suit him,and NOTHING when they don't.....when the ball is swinging, he is deadly, unplayable and easily the best bowler in the world
Well i do agree that Shoaib is the best when the conditions suit him but what i have seen in the Pakistani bowlers is that they dont always wait for the right condition to come but they also know how to create the right situation (e.g. when the ball has been used enough to swing) and Shoaib knows how and when to use the ball. I guess Pakistani bowlers have been so deadly over many years now because they know how to make use of a condition and how to create one.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Originally posted by me
L****n
Oh, Lord!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
deeps said:
shoaib is one of those bowlers who is BRILLIANT when the conditions suit him,and NOTHING when they don't.....when the ball is swinging, he is deadly, unplayable and easily the best bowler in the world

another is ajit agarkar...when the ball is swinging and seaming, he can exploit it,and is extremely hardd 2 play,as the aussies found out in the 2nd test!

i'm sure ther's plenty more of these type bowlers, but that'sjust 2 that cme 2 mind

and yes, i know that if the ball is swinging and seaming, most bowlers are deadly....but these bowlers are especially deadly, they have the ability to exploit favourable conditions.......and flop at useless conditions

and again,yes i know most bowlers struggle in unfavourable conditions,but these bowlers especially struggle....although i think akhtar might b BEGINNING to overcome this problem
There are many of the bowlers you describe but Shoaib is most certainly not one.
He never has been, either. Always used to be a bit inconsistent, but hopefully he's got over that now. He never even used to be - it was always when he was good, he was very good - just, sadly, his poor periods were lengthy and very poor.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
age_master said:
the worlds 2nd best (best to some) batting lineup in India would agree with that:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: after they wash the cherries off their helmets anyway:lol: :lol: :lol:
And when they start batting well again they'll certainly agree.:rolleyes:

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
wasaim akram all the way....no bowler can compete with him....he was the supreme force......even at his age....he was 5 times better than any other bowler in cricket

and saqlain mushtaq was pretty decent as well around 3 years ago........

lee from aus can be pretty effective

zaheer khan from india

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
of the current crop....shoaib akhtar is definately the deadliest bowler in the world

he has destroyed almost all the batting lineups that he has come up against....

the two recent test series wins for pakistan against south africa and most recently newzealand(on the kiwis home turf of course) he was the one that ran thru the bowling line up......effectively the differance between the 2 sides

but the one problem with him is that when this guy will have a bad day.....that day will be a nightmare.......but he certainly is the most deadliest

twctopcat

International Regular
thehellraiser said:
of the current crop....shoaib akhtar is definately the deadliest bowler in the world

he has destroyed almost all the batting lineups that he has come up against....

the two recent test series wins for pakistan against south africa and most recently newzealand(on the kiwis home turf of course) he was the one that ran thru the bowling line up......effectively the differance between the 2 sides

but the one problem with him is that when this guy will have a bad day.....that day will be a nightmare.......but he certainly is the most deadliest
Just want to see akhtar bowl over the best batting lineups in the world (no offence NZ), then i will deem how much he has improved. He needs to perform against aussies and eps india. All i can picture of akhtar is him getting tonked by sachin WC '03 and trescothick natwest '03:D, annilhated.