• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any updates on NZ's tour of Oz later this year?

BeeGee

International Captain
So, a wonderful deal of 10 Tests and 8 Chappell-Hadlee series over 7 years. Given there's 5 Tests in the next year and the seven year line was trotted out, I'm guessing we won't play Australia for... Oooooh.... Six years after this set of Tests.

Dropped a Test for 3 ODIs despite basically guaranteeing a Chappell-Hadlee series each year over the contract. It's the hypocrisy which gets me riled up the most. We want more Tests! Shout NZC. Ah, but we'll sacrifice one to squeeze in some more ODIs which we're going to have plenty of anyway.

#WhiteOut
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I don't think the three Aus tests are counted in the 10 test deal...

Day-night test locked in as New Zealand Cricket seal long-term deal with Australia | Stuff.co.nz

The November series will usher in a new era of rivalry, with the two governing bodies agreeing to 10 tests and eight Chappell-Hadlee Trophy one-day series over the next seven years.

The first of those will be in New Zealand in February, with CA agreeing to drop one of the three scheduled tests for three Chappell-Hadlee ODIs.
Now that I read it again, maybe I am wrong.

I think I'm wrong.

I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, "the first of those" is referring to the CH series. The 10 tests definitely includes the 5 scheduled tests for the coming summer.

howardj

International Coach
Test dates are now confirmed, gentlemen

1st Test @ Gabba from November 5-9
2nd Test @ Perth from November 13-17
3rd Test @ Adelaide from November 27-1 December

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Guys, I'm not sure whether to go to the Brissy or Adelaide test.

I am concerned the weather might not be the best early November in Brisbane so it could be washed out. Likewise I am not so sure how a day/night test will pan out given it's the first time. It will be a historic occasion though ...

What do you guys reckon?

adub

International Captain
Seriously though there's more chance of a good atmosphere at Adelaide with the locals coming down to see if d/n tests are a goer. Brisbane has pretty poor crowds generally. Will struggle to get near 10k on any day for NZ.

Athlai

Not Terrible
10 Tests over the next 7 years isn't so bad if we would presumably be looking at 4-5 more on the 8th year?

2015/2016 = 5 Test home and away

2019/2020 = 5 Test home and away

2023/2024 = Unconfirmed home and away series that will depend on what cricket is like in 5-7 years time.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Seriously though there's more chance of a good atmosphere at Adelaide with the locals coming down to see if d/n tests are a goer. Brisbane has pretty poor crowds generally. Will struggle to get near 10k on any day for NZ.
The low numbers suit me fine. Plus it's cheaper to get to Brissy.

Gabba here I come!!!

jonbrooks

International Debutant
10 Tests over the next 7 years isn't so bad if we would presumably be looking at 4-5 more on the 8th year?

2023/2024 = Unconfirmed home and away series that will depend on what cricket is like in 5-7 years time.
WOW NICE! Gonna be a cracker summer. Can't wait.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I mean I'm a big fan of what I listed happening and would understand why they don't want to lock in Tests against NZ in 8 years because the whole current crop of players will be close to gone by then. Best to reassess how viable we at the time.

If it trickles out like

2017 - 2 Tests

2020 - 2 Tests

2022- 1 Test

and nothing till 2025 then yeah it's pretty much the worst thing ever.

Also would really like it if we do another one of these 3 tests/2 tests home/away against Australia. Just call it the 1 series and reverse the next one to give us 3 home games. Would be gun.

howardj

International Coach
Guys, I'm not sure whether to go to the Brissy or Adelaide test.

I am concerned the weather might not be the best early November in Brisbane so it could be washed out. Likewise I am not so sure how a day/night test will pan out given it's the first time. It will be a historic occasion though ...

What do you guys reckon?
The Glorious Gabba mate

It's a beautiful ground, and the people are jolly

howardj

International Coach
Adelaide (less Queenslanders)

innit right howardj?
Glorious Gabba has quite rightly been given hosting rights for this marque, box-office Series - featuring the # 1 and # 3 ranked sides in world cricket, and fierce rivals to be sure

After it's disgraceful treatment last Summer, it's only fair

Fair also that our cricketing cousins in Melbourne and Sydney are forced to digest a diet of minnow-munching in the form of the Windies. These two Cities are given way too much decent fare compared to their brothers in our other major Capital Cities

Enjoy your Windies minnow medicine :)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Yeah considering we tour every 4 years, the next set of agreements will happen the year/the year before our/their next tour. And how many Tests we get then will be dependent on how the 10 Tests go.

So it sucks to think that we may have to wait until 2023 for a Boxing Day test, if they keep the same schedule for the next tour.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I am thinking of setting up a private "quick topic" to discuss david White. I am starting to become privy to some news about a back room sponsorship deal with strings attached. Sonny shaw has been connected as well. Don't feel comfortable going into more detail on cw. But may be able to in a qt

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I am thinking of setting up a private "quick topic" to discuss david White. I am starting to become privy to some news about a back room sponsorship deal with strings attached. Sonny shaw has been connected as well. Don't feel comfortable going into more detail on cw. But may be able to in a qt
Is this fo' real or an attempt at an epic CW meme? Because you missed out Lance Dry if the latter.

BeeGee

International Captain
Glorious Gabba has quite rightly been given hosting rights for this marque, box-office Series - featuring the # 1 and # 3 ranked sides in world cricket, and fierce rivals to be sure

After it's disgraceful treatment last Summer, it's only fair

Fair also that our cricketing cousins in Melbourne and Sydney are forced to digest a diet of minnow-munching in the form of the Windies. These two Cities are given way too much decent fare compared to their brothers in our other major Capital Cities

Enjoy your Windies minnow medicine :)
Australia are number two.

Factual and insulting.

Last edited: