• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any updates on NZ's tour of Oz later this year?

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Why didn't Shane Watson retire from test cricket prior to the Windies series? He's 34 years old and has been hanging on grimly.
He would have gone out with at least a reasonable record and could have carried on for at least another couple of seasons as an ODI player.
Now he's going to go out as a player most Aussies despise....they are literally howling for his axing. He'll be ignominiously dropped, and will struggle to live it down.

Why didn't Shane Watson retire from test cricket prior to the Windies series? He's 34 years old and has been hanging on grimly.
He would have gone out with at least a reasonable record and could have carried on for at least another couple of seasons as an ODI player.
Now he's going to go out as a player most Aussies despise....they are literally howling for his axing. He'll be ignominiously dropped, and will struggle to live it down.
All some Australian fans really want is a number 6 averaging 50+ with the bat and scoring tons, bowl a few overs maybe and golden arm some wickets, a wicket keeper to do the same and not drop catches, and a leg spinner who averages 24 with the ball. Is that really so much to ask for? Oh and an opener with Warner and a number 5 to average 50+ as well. Its not too much to ask for, is it?

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Athlai, you have hurt my feelings. I am far too thin skinned to deal with this stuff at the moment. I am finding being a cricket web user a very emotional experience right now. Please don't be offended if I take a while to reply to your post. I am thinking about reporting your post to the moderators. I am deeply offended.
Thanks for speaking on behalf of the "people" and giving the feedback *****. *****, just to be sure, by all means continue replying and interjecting to me, but please don't ever speak on my behalf.
**** off.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No one's feelings are hurt by your tone. You aren't that important. People are just annoyed by your tone and don't feel like replying to you.

Keep it up and slowly but surely, each member here will add you to their ignore list. And then you won't have anyone to talk to.
Let's be serious, that's not going to happen. We'll probably have a 50 page debate on how Guptill sucks turd, how Sanga's the best since Bradman because he's currently on 26* and how Sodhi's a worse spinner than a one armed Chris Schofield. It'll all probably end with a down syndrome joke.

cnerd123

likes this
Let's be serious, that's not going to happen. We'll probably have a 50 page debate on how Guptill sucks turd, how Sanga's the best since Bradman because he's currently on 26* and how Sodhi's a worse spinner than a one armed Chris Schofield. It'll all probably end with a down syndrome joke.
CW needs ****blocking. Would solve everything.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Really counting the days til the Gabba now, as we take on capt Smith and his new look team. Will we see the return of Watto? His 30 odd runs an innings were a better contribution than the dross served up by his replacements.

Last edited: