• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2015

Spark

Global Moderator
I have absolutely no idea why there isn't a thread yet. w/e

Wed May 27 - Fri May 29 10:00 local (14:00 GMT | 16:00 CEST)
West Indies Cricket Board President's XI v Australians
Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

Wed Jun 3 - Sun Jun 7 10:00 local (14:00 GMT | 16:00 CEST)
1st Test - West Indies v Australia
Windsor Park, Roseau, Dominica

Thu Jun 11 - Mon Jun 15 10:00 local (15:00 GMT | 17:00 CEST)
2nd Test - West Indies v Australia
Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica

i'm not gonna bother fixing the timezones for not-me times because effort. it's something like +10 for aest.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
idk if you guys heard it while we were doing comms but apparently shiv has been dropped.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Aussies missing/resting players from IPL, so warm up game named as the only 11 left.

S Marsh, Rogers, Clarke, Voges, M Marsh, Haddin (wk), Nevill, Siddle, Lyon, Hazlewood, Ahmed

Edit: I'm tipping Nevill to bat 5 and do well (he scored 515 runs @ 85 in his last 5 shield games)

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shiv being dropped for his retirement series would be the strangest way of giving him the finger.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
is it reported anywhere like cricinfo? Dont think they will do that when it looks like the only reason he is playing is to break Lara's record...

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
If that is true the WICB is worse than i thought

If NZ wins the series in England, Australia will then drop to no3 if they lose the series in the Caribbean

Antihippy

International Debutant
His form kinda warrants a look, but if it is his farewell series and he doesn't even get to have it after all he has done for the windies it would be pretty disappointing.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shiv warrants a farewell series.

Though it was reported West Indies tried to retire him and he didn't want to.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
WW to give the goods on the the Shiv situation...plox
Yeah it's looking like he's done. And i know people will blame the board and stuff but I'm well informed that Simmons is taking no prisoners right now and with Shiv's performances of late being quite poor the decision was made to let him go now and blood another young talent. Shiv is a hero but the feeling is he's just playing for himself and the glory of reaching beating Lara's record and that simply doesn't comply with Phi's "team first" philosophy.

The team are currently in camp in Barbados while Shiv is said to be in Florida with his family. It would have been nice to have given him a good send off but truth be told Shiv's relationship with the authorities hasn't always been the best and it was rather heated when he had a meeting with them the other day. It's sad but we've got to move on now.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah it's looking like he's done. And i know people will blame the board and stuff but I'm well informed that Simmons is taking no prisoners right now and with Shiv's performances of late being quite poor the decision was made to let him go now and blood another young talent. Shiv is a hero but the feeling is he's just playing for himself and the glory of reaching beating Lara's record and that simply doesn't comply with Phi's "team first" philosophy.

The team are currently in camp in Barbados while Shiv is said to be in Florida with his family. It would have been nice to have given him a good send off but truth be told Shiv's relationship with the authorities hasn't always been the best and it was rather heated when he had a meeting with them the other day. It's sad but we've got to move on now.
Thanks for that. On one hand he has been an absolute hero at times. At other times you couldn't escape the conclusion he was indeed batting for personal milestones rather that at a pace that would support team goals. So I can see where West Indies management is coming from.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shiv is a hero but the feeling is he's just playing for himself and the glory of reaching beating Lara's record and that simply doesn't comply with Phi's "team first" philosophy.
Thanks for that. On one hand he has been an absolute hero at times. At other times you couldn't escape the conclusion he was indeed batting for personal milestones rather that at a pace that would support team goals. So I can see where West Indies management is coming from.
Even if that were true, this is absolute rubbish. Guy is being dropped after 6 bad tests, before which he was averaging 100 in the earlier 6. Add that to his service over the years, and this is a pretty sore way to treat him. So what if he wants to break Lara's record? That shouldn't be part of the equation.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Squad for the first warm up match..and don't worry Aussies this is much better than what England got :D

WICB President's XI squad

Leon Johnson(capt),

Carlos Brathwaite (vice-capt),

Sharmarh Brooks,

Rajindra Chandrika,

Roston Chase,

Miguel Cummins,

Jason Dawes,

Shane Dowrich,

Imran Khan,

Marquino Mindley,

Jason Mohammed,

Tyrone Theophile,

Jomel Warrican
So this is pretty close to the A-Team tbh. Coupled with fellas who don't well in our last first class season.

Brooks= Middle order batsman who can bowl spin. Whent off the boil for a couple of years after being part of the same High Performance Centre group as Holder, Powell, Gabriel and Permaul. But he's come back and he's looking very solid.

Chase= Had his breakthrough year last season. Elegant young batsman who has all the shots. Bowls decent off-spin too.

Chandrika= Like Brooks was part of the first High Performance Centre group, done well for Guyana and even played many times for the A-team. He's a gritty opener and with our issues in that spot with Powell and Gayle missing a good knock just might earn him a call-up.

Theophile= Devon Smith's opening partner for Winwards. He's a steady opener who has gotten better and better over the last few years.

Mindley= Another young kid who had his breakthrough season with Jamaica this year and he's got a lot of hype around him. Good pace who can move the ball both ways...Lloyd loves him apparently.

Warrican= Had a massive season for Barbados..getting over 40 wickets with his left-arm spin and he's only 22. He's crafty and smart spinner who can set-up a batsman so it should be interesting to see how he does.

Cummins= Has been on the cusp of the WI senior side for a while...good pacer who can also move the ball around.

Mohammed= Trinidad middle order batsman who can bowl spin...has mainly performed i the one dayers but recently hes been doing well in 4-day cricket too and put up some big scores.

Dowrich= Believe me it's only a matter of time before this young man replaces Ramdin imo!!..he's young but already one of the best batsmen in the region and his keeping is improving each season...He's not a Buttler type of keeper though, he likes to build an innings and once he gets in he's very hard to shift. Much like his mate Kraigg Brathwaite.

Dawes= Jamaican right-arm quick

Khan= Had the most wickets last season and is a leggy..can bat in the top order too.

Brathwaite= Many believe he's got more talent than Jason Holder but injuries have held him back...he's back now though and this is a big chance for him

Johnson= Will want to make a claim for Shiv's place i'd imagine

My team would be

Chandrika
Theophile
Johnson
Chase
Brooks
Dowrich WK
Khan
Brathwaite
Mindley
Cummins
Warrican

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't think anyone warrants a farewell series. If you take the idea that players should retire when they like and not when it's convenient for other people, as I do, then you can't then turn around and say a player warrants selection not on merit but sentiment.

I definitely don't think Shiv should be dropped. But that's because I still believe he's one of the best six batsmen available, not because he's somehow deserving of being selected despite not being worth selection on merit. That's insane. If he's not more likely to score runs than Hope or whoever else from outside the team, he should be out on his arse.