• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2015

adub

International Captain
Marsh has been batting at 5/6 for WA coming in after Voges. So that's not all that impressive imo.
Totally agree and a point I've made many times. But he's the incumbent and you don't drop incumbents with those sorts of numbers on the back of a ton in the warm up match.

Also agree that if TPC wants three nows the time. Maybe even if he doesn't want it which is why I suggested him there as my preferred option.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Who would be next in line to replace Rogers once he calls it a day (assuming he does so after the Ashes?)

Would it not be an idea to debut him at 3, then move Smith up to 3 once Rogers replacement moves up to open?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who would be next in line to replace Rogers once he calls it a day (assuming he does so after the Ashes?)

Would it not be an idea to debut him at 3, then move Smith up to 3 once Rogers replacement moves up to open?
Most likely Joe Burns.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Anyway, Leon Johnson completes his pair, Theophile fails and gets one start, Chandrika makes a 50 and a golden duck. Literally no questions have been answered for the WI selectors on who to take ahead of Shiv.

In absence of any real opening options, maybe they'll keep Hope there and bat Holder at 7 to bring in C Brathwaite after his gun showing here?
Agree that Carlos was gun in this tour match and that we could do with 5 bowlers so naturally the selectors didn't pick him at all. They have, however, picked Chandrika who although very talented still hasn't scored an FC ton. What the hell is going on?

They've picked Shane Dowrich who was the standout batsman in the tour game and is definitely one of the best young batsmen in the Caribbean. I think they'll move Shai Hope down to 5/6 and bring in Chandrika to open. Either that or they'll keep Hope opening and bring in Dowrich for Shiv.

Last edited:

Tangles

International Vice-Captain

Not sure about Burns opening in Test cricket tbh. I don't think we have the room or luxury of playing Rogers replacement. We need to win the Ashes and worry about that later.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
An opener being picked without an FC ton to his name. FMD. Only in the West Indies.

They can't actually play Chandrika, surely.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I mean, when you have less FC tons than Tim Paine, you have to know that you aren't a Test-ready opening batsman yet.

Riggins

International Captain
This is the sort of series we get dicked in before playing well in the important one. Hopefully we suck and England beat lolzealand comfortably and we can get some juicier odds.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Riggins to then use the profits to hire better umpires for Adelaide grade cricket

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Replacing a guy with 71 FC tons to his name with a kid with 0, to face Australia is, uh... not very smart.
I think it's more about the fact that they rate Hope than the fact that they rate Chandrika; they didn't want to have to make Hope again. Perhaps they should have asked Chanderpaul to open instead. :p

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Holder to Tastle it and open IMO.

1. Holder
2. Brathwaite
3. Bravo
4. Samuels
5. Hope
6. Chanderpaul
7. Ramdin +
8. Blackwood
9. Taylor
10. Roach
11. Bishoo

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
A hypothetical response to Cribb's point re Chanders opening to get Hope in the middle order as the WI selectors want.