• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Members of Sri Lankan women cricket team forced into ***ual favours

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why do we always have to jump to this line of thinking? FFS.
Because it happens?

Jumping to conclusions and accepting every allegation as true is a lot worse than making the suggestion that it's possible that every allegation isn't entirely true.

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
No, I posted it in the OP.

Then again I can't blame you for not reading my posts. I wouldn't either if I had the choice.
TBH, there is not that much info in that article. Without juming to conclusions or minimalising a truely rotten ways, we simply cannot know what has been going on.

Members of Sri Lanka's women's cricket team were forced to perform ***ual favours to keep their places in the team, the sports ministry has said.

The ministry said evidence of ***ual harassment was uncovered in an investigation begun last year.

Being forced to perform ***ual favours is not in the same cathegory as ***ual harassment. I think any journalist in the world should be careful to write it down.

To join in on the speculation:
-Being a selector, hinting that having *** might increase selection chances, is a very nasty way to go, yet probably easily and rapidly done. Possibly without thinking things over.
-Being a dropped player, and being the victim of ***ual harassment, it is an easy step to make things worse.

IMHO, there are various more or less plausibel ways. Some just nasty, some rotten to the bone.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
TBH, there is not that much info in that article. Without juming to conclusions or minimalising a truely rotten ways, we simply cannot know what has been going on.

Members of Sri Lanka's women's cricket team were forced to perform ***ual favours to keep their places in the team, the sports ministry has said.

The ministry said evidence of ***ual harassment was uncovered in an investigation begun last year.

Being forced to perform ***ual favours is not in the same cathegory as ***ual harassment. I think any journalist in the world should be careful to write it down.

To join in on the speculation:
-Being a selector, hinting that having *** might increase selection chances, is a very nasty way to go, yet probably easily and rapidly done. Possibly without thinking things over.
-Being a dropped player, and being the victim of ***ual harassment, it is an easy step to make things worse.

IMHO, there are various more or less plausibel ways. Some just nasty, some rotten to the bone.
A favour is something you do in exchange for that person doing something for you in return.

So giving some official a BJ in exchange for being selected in the team is indeed a 'favour'. It's heinous and the word 'favour' completely takes the sheer disgustingness out of the situation. They were forced into the favour, in that if they wanted to play they'd have to do that.

There is no allegations. An investigation has happened and SLC is saying this.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I still can't believe that this is legit. Its just so twisted and ****ed up. Especially since it's in a country where women probably don't have as many rights (?) so they'd be less likely to object and contact authorities.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I still can't believe that this is legit. Its just so twisted and ****ed up. Especially since it's in a country where women probably don't have as many rights (?) so they'd be less likely to object and contact authorities.
This only makes it more likely for it to happen, so yeah. Would be far more surprised if it happened in, say, England.

Stapel

International Regular
A favour is something you do in exchange for that person doing something for you in return.

So giving some official a BJ in exchange for being selected in the team is indeed a 'favour'. It's heinous and the word 'favour' completely takes the sheer disgustingness out of the situation. They were forced into the favour, in that if they wanted to play they'd have to do that.

There is no allegations. An investigation has happened and SLC is saying this.
Yeah, I guess we agree here. It's not in the word favour, but in the word forced. I was trying to say that forced to perform *** is very bad. But ***ual harassment not per se.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
um, yes it is.

Sri Lanka should be kicked out of international cricket if there's any truth in this.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Or maybe the ICC plays the heavy on the board and demand the scum resign and SL cricket assembles a board without creeps on it and everyone wins except the arseholes?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Or maybe the ICC plays the heavy on the board and demand the scum resign and SL cricket assembles a board without creeps on it and everyone wins except the arseholes?
Funny this should be brought up, in april the sports ministry (the same people who launched the investigations into this incident) appointed a board to attempt to clean up SLC after years of money/politics influencing election results and keeping ****s involved at the top in SL, the result was SL temporarily lost their funding from the ICC and everyone here seemed to think we had it coming iirc.

Furball's suggestion is of course absurd

Last edited: